Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
StevenGuthmiller

Modelhaus Inventory Sale!!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, martinfan5 said:

I did not get the email

Had you placed an online order with them recently (before they announced their retirement)? The email only went to folks who had placed online orders before the closed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill Eh? said:

models@modelhaus.com

That's not a link. It's an email address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Modelhaus Customers,

This e-mail is being sent to all addresses that are affiliated with the web site. Our orders are all shipped and we have inventoried all the remaining stock. We have uploaded the remaining inventory, both kits and parts, onto the web site and it will open again the morning of Aug. 25 (this Saturday). We envision it will remain open for a week to ten days. We are giving you some advance notice so you can take the time to assess your needs. Please know that the inventory is limited. Only those items that are still available will be listed and only in the quantity we have. The web site will be able to track the sale of items and when the inventory for a particular part reaches zero, you will be unable to add that item to your shopping cart even though the part is still listed on the site. It is possible that you can add a part to your cart but it will not show up in your cart at the time of the sale. The inventory is adjusted for sale only when an order is actually placed. If you and another customer both add the last of a particular part to your cart, but the other customer checks out first, he will get the item.

Sales will only be accepted from the web site. No orders will be taken by phone or by regular mail. The only way to track the inventory is by the web site. This may anger some of our customers who prefer to order via the regular mail. We are sorry, but at this point, we have to do what is manageable and the web orders are the only way to manage the inventory.

Though we are retiring the business as you have known it, we are not completely stopping. Don’s favorite part of the business has always been developing new kits. In the past three years he has not been able to develop anything new as we dealt with the onslaught of orders generated by our announced retirement. He had several ideas for new kits that he still wants to pursue. We are not 100% sure how this will play out. He hopes to develop one to two kits a year for a while. We will figure a way to get the word out when a kit is available.

The tires we have offered will be available again soon. Our son Chris has worked for us for many years. Several years ago he moved the tire making to his home and we have purchased tires from him. All the particulars have not been worked out. The web site will be www.modelhaustires.com. We will most likely send another mass e-mail when he is ready to be up and running.

It has been a pleasure to serve the modeling community for 30 plus years. We will not miss the work, but will miss the connections we have made with so many great modelers over the years. Thank you for all your orders which have made this such a successful business. We wish you all the best!

Cordially,
Don and Carol Holthaus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked my email and I got the letter too. I'm just getting a "trial website" message (Squarespace?) for the time being, but as others have said, I can betcha that site will break records as far as those trying to get in when it's available.

Can't think of anything at the moment I need as far as tires (well maybe a set of whitewall compact car tires), but that's nice that Don wants to focus on never seen before kits. It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with.

I can think of a couple that I'd like to see him do! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to get into their site (had to key in some letters) and yeah I can see that there are already some items that are gone. One thing that would be a BIG help------it would be nice if they can somehow list the dimensions of each of the tire sets. I.D., O.D., that way one could check against any wheel sets that may already have and there'd be no guessing if a particular type of tires are going to work or not.

I always got confused by the number 'types' that they used. Looking at what they have, I see a couple sets I might be interested in. Glad to see that they want to sell the remaining inventory! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

I was able to get into their site (had to key in some letters) and yeah I can see that there are already some items that are gone. One thing that would be a BIG help------it would be nice if they can somehow list the dimensions of each of the tire sets. I.D., O.D., that way one could check against any wheel sets that may already have and there'd be no guessing if a particular type of tires are going to work or not.

I always got confused by the number 'types' that they used. Looking at what they have, I see a couple sets I might be interested in. Glad to see that they want to sell the remaining inventory! B)

Bill,

Were you on the tire website or the Modelhaus website? I was able to see the tire website but as the letter from Don and Carol states, the tires are being done by their son Chris and he will activate his website once he is ready ( I will guess that means when he has some inventory built up). 

I can see the Modelhaus website being BUSY this Saturday morning and won't be long before the inventory is sold out. Interested to see what they have left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Bill,

Were you on the tire website or the Modelhaus website? I was able to see the tire website but as the letter from Don and Carol states, the tires are being done by their son Chris and he will activate his website once he is ready ( I will guess that means when he has some inventory built up). 

I can see the Modelhaus website being BUSY this Saturday morning and won't be long before the inventory is sold out. Interested to see what they have left.

Mike, I was on the tire website. You had to type in some letters to get into the site, and once there, you'll see a whole bunch of tires pictured------some of which are sold out. Now that could be the tires were gone as of the creation of the site due to the Modelhaus business closing, and that may be available again later.

That I'm not sure of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Mike, I was on the tire website. You had to type in some letters to get into the site, and once there, you'll see a whole bunch of tires pictured------some of which are sold out. Now that could be the tires were gone as of the creation of the site due to the Modelhaus business closing, and that may be available again later.

That I'm not sure of.

I think that none of the tires are available until the website is activated, something detailed in the message from Don and Carol. The good news is that we finally have pictures of the tires, now if we can get dimensions......!

I have enough tires to last me three lifetimes, but I am like a kid on Christmas morning when I see some new ones available and Fireball Modelworks and Scenes Unlimited will tell you what my weakness is when it comes to tires!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Mike, I was on the tire website. You had to type in some letters to get into the site, and once there, you'll see a whole bunch of tires pictured------some of which are sold out. Now that could be the tires were gone as of the creation of the site due to the Modelhaus business closing, and that may be available again later.

That I'm not sure of.

The tires are all supposedly marked sold out until the business is up and running.

I love these tires!

Some of the recreations of annual tires really come in handy for restorations.

And I just love the old Satco wide whites!!

 

2v23E1m6HxwUbWP.jpg

 

Now if I could get some of their excellent wire wheels as well.............B)

 

Steve

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

The tires are all supposedly marked sold out until the business is up and running.

I love these tires!

Some of the recreations of annual tires really come in handy for restorations.

And I just love the old Satco wide whites!!

Some pics were marked that way and some weren't. Either which way, the site's still under construction as there were some dead links. And yes! I loved those old Satco WWW's too! I really miss them and there are a couple cars I have that could use those.

I want to add Steve that is a BEAUTIFUL model of one of my favorite '61 cars.......the Chrysler Newport and the ultimate 300G! I have a very restorable model of that one and that's one of the cars I'd love to use those Satco WW's on. ;) 

Edited by MrObsessive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read they want to concentrate on new kits. If they are taking suggestion here is my contribution: 1956 Continental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tire website is available for us to view as guests only. No purchases can be made at this time. I’m sure inventory will change once it goes live. Hopefully more products and additional details in the description of the tires. I’m lretty stoked for just that website. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jon Cole said:

Hate to be the downer, but with the interest being generated between now and opening, the web site will likely crash.

 

Not a downer....but you may be right.  We have to hope we are a small enough group the site can handle it......as much as I love Modelhaus stuff...it ain't Amazon level of hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don and Carol must be sleeping in, I have been trying to get on for the last 7 minutes and can't get in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh...this is worse than waiting for Xmas morning!

Site NOT up yet :(

Edited by jeffs396

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking they may have put the wrong time on when it will re-open. They are located in the Central Time Zone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikemodeler said:

I'm thinking they may have put the wrong time on when it will re-open. They are located in the Central Time Zone.

 

Or they set it for 8:00 EST which is 9:00 EDT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mikemodeler said:

I'm thinking they may have put the wrong time on when it will re-open. They are located in the Central Time Zone.

 

Well that's just cruel for those of us who like to sleep in on Saturday mornings! :huh: Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...