Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Aussie member!

Oh my god, don't get me started on the 787B, one of my favorites :( love the sound love the car, still the only Japanese manufacter to win at the 24 Heures Du Man. Love the sound of the 3 and 4 rotors, did you watch that Bugeye video? yeah! :wub:

That Bimmer sounds sweet

Yeah same here, it seem like all and everybody twin turbos a 2JZ, yeah they are sweet motors and can make power but that's all the people do, it isn't hard now to make 1000hp from the 2JZ. They are like the late model Camaros and Fox bodys, they are everywhere in drag racing and so common and anybody can make 500+hp out of them, that's why I and other people get bored when we see them but it takes talent to make 500+ from a rotary or an Audi 5 cylinder ;)

There are just a few cars in the world that have such a unique and awesome sound. The Mazda 787B is one of them. Also noted as the loudest car ever to at race LeMans.

They like to be charged... They prefer to be turbo-charged over supercharged but the turbos tend to cook the engines, which run a little on the hot side to begin with.

Someone did a Mazdaspeed 8 prototype with a 3 rotor cosmo engine and turbos. 800+ bhp. ;)

Edited by CAL

have that video and love it, thanks Chris!

Oh yeah, I like that it's the loudest one. :(

still there everywhere with turbos

the Furai? or you mean RX8 which I think you mean but yeah, I've heard of that, that's pretty sweet and impressive! I want it!

Edited by Nick F40

Oh yeah, I like that it's the loudest one. :wub:

still there everywhere with turbos

the Furai? or you mean RX8 which I think you mean but yeah, I've heard of that, that's pretty sweet and impressive! I want it!

It was an RX8.

I have some really good 787 sounds I just don't know how to get them somewhere so you can here them. Photobucket wont except the file.

Nick can you get 500bhp from a 5cyl Audi without it breaking in half? :(

Audi did it for Group B! ;):(

can't you just use the diesel block?

It's a maricle. I didn't think you could get more the 105bhp from one. :wub:

I owned Audis when they were junk and never got over it. My 5000 was a horrible pig of a car, it was the first time I had seen an engine and transmission actually friction weld itself together at the clutch. :blink: There was nothing good about it. It didn't drive nice, it didn't go particularly well, it didn't have a good mant. record, it wasn't that nice inside, and sure wasn't anything to look at, and was miserable to work on. About the only thing worse to work on was BMW. Great fun to drive.

BMW were 100% fun to drive 0% fun to work on.

My sisters A4 isn't too bad, though, it's an A4 Sport factory lowered 5spd 1.8T. eats tires like no tomorrow though.

What I want to see is a V8 twin turbo A4 (RS4). ;) That would be a screeming machine. They have wedged a V8 in one but they say there is no room left for anything else. :o Plus they say nobody could afford the insurance on it.

Edited by CAL

On that note unfortunately stump I am unsure if I will be able to make it to the QMHE this year as it's the same weekend as the two-day Jamboree event. I'm assisting a photographer this year too so I don't think I'll have too much time on my hands.

Ah, bugger...Yeah, they always put great things on the same weekend... :(

In saying that, I am still hoping to get out to Willowbank over the course of the w/end....may still catchya somewhere..?? Jambo is a fantastic event, been a couple of times...always great for a perv.. :wub:

If I make it (Jamboree), I'll have my camera in tow....be getting lotsa nice pics from the model show in any case...

Yep that's the Queens Street Smash Repairs 4-rotor BMW drag car at the start. Strangely enough that engine note (similar to the 787B) is still recongniseable over the noise of the two turbos and the other 13B powered RX7 drag car. The BMW now looks like this though:

190507compatt0328la8.jpg

On another interesting note the metallic pink RX3 coupe with Mazsport written down the side in that video has just become Australia's (correction - 4th in the world) quickest 3/4 chassis Compact car (retains factory style front subframe, strut towers, suspension points) by running a 7.18@185mph. It uses a 20B turbo with Liberty 5-speed for motivation.

This is our quickest Rotary powered drag car, the PAC Performance full chassis MX6.

post6151212649800207095yf6.jpg

Edited by Eeyore

Oh yes, that is a wicked car ain't it and that is the coolest MX6 i've ever seen and probably will see! I like that blue in back! ;)......................oh yes, the car too! ;)

Not bad for an engine the size of a milk crate.

pg20_04b.jpg

darn right and apprently they can explode to! ;)

Oh yes, that is a wicked car ain't it and that is the coolest MX6 i've ever seen and probably will see! I like that blue in back! :huh:......................oh yes, the car too! :rolleyes:

darn right and apprently they can explode to! ;)

:unsure:

Actually I never seen one explode... I never even heard of one exploding.

Usually, you shut them off one time and a you'll hear the loudest back fire you ever heard in your life that spits out all the tip seals and they don't have enough compression to start up agian.

Haha go the Brumby! That is an old clip and is actually taken from a New Zealand automotive DVD series called HiOctane... great viewing by the way.

oops :lol: sorry bout that mate! :lol:

I love the Brumby, BRAT for the US guys, they always were cool to me and thought it would be cool to stick an EJ25 in one. My uncle had one and wish I could have had it! :P