Model Cars Magazine Forum

A100 Super Gas....Updated 12/12/18

1320wayne

Here is the wip rebuild of the A100 drag truck that will go with my dually and Galaxie trailer. It is being done in a Super Gas or Comp. Eliminator style. The body is a Jimmy Flintstone chopped A100 and the chassis is being upgraded to resemble something a little more accurate than what I had originally built so many years ago. In the pics below all of the styrene in white is all new pieces being added. 

I also cut open the doors to be hinged later on.

2018081921_56_24-vi.jpg

2018081921_56_05-vi.jpg

2018081921_55_21-vi.jpg

2018081921_55_02-vi.jpg

2018082309_21_04-vi.jpg

2018082309_20_43-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a lotta respect for what you done with Flintstones Dodge....thay aren't very easy to work on.I done one 10 yrs ago,I just made a slammer out of mine w/hok Orange .I couldn't imagine cutting the doors open on that casting?. Good work ?

image.jpeg

Edited by Gizzy

8 hours ago, Codi said:

I really really like the lines and rake you put on the body Wayne.  The decals are awesome too..........did you do those yourself?   cheers, tim

The graphics are homemade on my computer. The US Army markings are from a Slixx Nascar sheet. The rest of the decals will be a mix of homemade and parts box decals.