Model Cars Magazine Forum

Steer Car and Kenworth tow rig—New Pics- 12-2-18

2 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

This looks great Kerry!  Keep it going!

Thank you Tom!! No stopping it now!! LOL   Have to get working on the KW soon too!!! Have to fit the resin hood to it and mount air cleaners and build in a bit at the cowl.. I may paint it similar to the Pete but not sure yet!??! May paint it blue to match my bosses W9, who knows?!?! LOL

Kerry, I haven't spent  uch time here over the last couple of years. Though I have stopped  by a few times.

I remember when  you started this project . Seeing it now . You certainly have come a lon way with it .And it is looking very good.

Be Well

Gator

17 hours ago, gatorincebu said:

Kerry, I haven't spent  uch time here over the last couple of years. Though I have stopped  by a few times.

I remember when  you started this project . Seeing it now . You certainly have come a lon way with it .And it is looking very good.

Be Well

Gator

Thank you my friend! Good seeing ya back here Gator!! 

Every time I look at this post I get the image of Dr. Frankenstein creating his monster.  This is definitely going to be an amazing finished build.  Just checking out that "load" I sure wouldn't want to meet this one coming down a twisty mountain road.  Keep at it.

12 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Thank you my friend! Good seeing ya back here Gator!! 

Thanks Kerry.  so how is life up north ? Where are you working ?

We bought a house two years ago, I have a nice model room  with lots of room and plenty of models.

Just need to get to the bench more often !

Be Well

Gator

18 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Every time I look at this post I get the image of Dr. Frankenstein creating his monster.  This is definitely going to be an amazing finished build.  Just checking out that "load" I sure wouldn't want to meet this one coming down a twisty mountain road.  Keep at it.

Muah ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Wringing my hands together as I look down at my next specimen.... I mean victim..... I mean...... He he he he he he he!!! Look out!!! The Doc is lurking about!!

6 hours ago, gatorincebu said:

Thanks Kerry.  so how is life up north ? Where are you working ?

We bought a house two years ago, I have a nice model room  with lots of room and plenty of models.

Just need to get to the bench more often !

Be Well

Gator

Getting warm up here now.. Humid today at work.. Well one of!! I work at John Deere as my primary job running a steel punch press. Part time I work at my buddy's shop working on trucks and getting into driving them. He does a lot of flat bed work and hauls precast for buildings and parking structures.. Not quite as heavy as the model I'm building but pretty close!!! 150 foot concrete beams that are 6 feet wide and 6 feet tall. Forget what they weigh out at...

Glad to hear you're building!!! Can't wait to see your builds again my friend!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chariots of Fire said:

That's pretty wild.  I thought for a while that the steer car was going to be a big time dragster!

Thanks Charlie! Zoom Zoom!!

1 minute ago, purepmd said:

Man, I LOVE scratch built stuff that turns out like this. Mega props to you.

Thank you much! Glad you like!

14 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks great in yellow!

Thanks Brian! I’m Thinking it’ll look good behind the KW if I paint it blue, or any rig I put it behind for that matter. I’m thinking the lead rig will look close to my friends W9. Although his doesn’t have a tag axle...

37F799EC-8F27-4891-8DA6-DD34FB9EE3AF.jpeg.58e7e8d407a14ce5129fec9568423de6.jpeg

Edited by DrKerry

6 hours ago, Tesla said:

Your scratch-building skills are off the charts!! Keep up the excellent work! :)

Um, thank ya!! LOL, I'm just a hack when it comes to building my stuff. Glad you like it!! Much appreciated Dennis!!

20 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Way cool looking build. 

Thank you Vince!!

17 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Of course you realize this will require a custom built box to transport the finished model to and from model shows.

May require a moving van too!!!!!!  LOL