Model Cars Magazine Forum

Steer Car and Kenworth tow rig—New Pics- 12-2-18

2 hours ago, TECHMAN said:

:):):)

FANTASTIC JOB on all the fabrication!!!  Detail is Class-One!!!!   What gauge wire are you using for the air lines?

DJ

Thank ya DJ! As for the airlines it’s just your average household phone line!! ? 

2 hours ago, Danno said:

Whoa!  

Hella project.

Thank you Danno!! Got more done on it today! Steer car (Pete) is all but done, dolly needs a pin for the hitch and it’s done, KW is loosing its T600 body and I’ll be fitting a snap together W900 body on top of the chassis I have set up for this team making it a “true” W9!!

Hey Kerry , just a suggestion, since you’re looking at a Kenworth like your buddies rig take the the T600 cab and sleeper and mate it to the resin hood W900B that you have in your stash and then you really have a unique build! Not that it isn’t already! Love this one !

3 hours ago, PettyKW43 said:

Hey Kerry , just a suggestion, since you’re looking at a Kenworth like your buddies rig take the the T600 cab and sleeper and mate it to the resin hood W900B that you have in your stash and then you really have a unique build! Not that it isn’t already! Love this one !

That’s what I was originally thinking but didn’t know if it would be a true W9 or not... Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad way to go with it!?

Work after yesterday! Mud flaps are on the Pete now. 

Flat bed in fore ground is for my TMC Pete and will have pipeline on it. They will be black when done

D7101168-5BAC-4E0F-93D9-5F23BF120F8B.jpeg.b1477f055841a793fb64098f354b86bd.jpeg

04456D2B-8BF6-4213-9798-BC644BF36D69.jpeg.bdce31d2799afe33333cd9eab7e1610f.jpeg

B3133E03-511A-489A-99E1-E5E422161ECC.jpeg.454e82561752ddc9d0064f8d5e4afc53.jpeg

Steer car in tow behind dolly..

093EEFB8-BC56-4E2E-95B8-D30B29AAA9F1.jpeg.b922194262fd84b800bdaf3d6b53f64b.jpeg

W9 snapper cab on for comparison! 

5593D51A-BE24-4F34-86C1-4D622B139AE6.jpeg.6ae9d723953d74c7f20668a182446fd2.jpeg

B13A8F96-FB13-407B-9712-71AB1805A412.jpeg

It would be pretty accurate. I would use the Cat engine out of the snap kit. The chassis is easily updated, move the steering box to the front instead of behind the front axel , battery boxes and fuel tanks from the snap kit . If you have one of the Super Boss kits grab the engine underbell and swap that one from the AMT frame and you are more or less there! 

13 hours ago, PettyKW43 said:

It would be pretty accurate. I would use the Cat engine out of the snap kit. The chassis is easily updated, move the steering box to the front instead of behind the front axel , battery boxes and fuel tanks from the snap kit . If you have one of the Super Boss kits grab the engine underbell and swap that one from the AMT frame and you are more or less there! 

I already have the chassis built with the engine out of the T600 although I could pull it out easily enough. I am planning on fuel tanks, stacks, air horns and battery boxes out of the snap kit! 

I only have a built Boss so I don’t know on the underbell, possibly make one if I get that antsy to build one! Lol

10 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Looking very nice there Special K

Thank ya Vince!! 

4 hours ago, bigred63 said:

Wow, What a Combo! That's going to be a Monster when complete. Like what you have finished so far.   

Thanks to you as well BigRed!! It’s a bit on the long side! They may not like it if I enter it in a contest!! Lol ? 

On 7/22/2019 at 6:59 PM, PettyKW43 said:

Go with the spare , it adds extra to that part of the build ! This is a neat piece ! I have to admit I am thinking of a future steer car build as well ! Train first!

Careful Rick, it can be contagious!!! Lol

23 hours ago, redneckrigger said:

That is a superb build you have going there...............................though I would not want to be the driver of the steer car! VERY well done!

I may be swayed if it paid good!! 

22 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Simply amazing and unique project.

Thank you Tom!

23 hours ago, Vettegasser said:

More more you do the more awesome this build is 

Thank you! Hoping to work on it tomorrow. Been on the road the last two days..

23 hours ago, misterNNL said:

If there ever was going to be a Lowrider semi this would be the perfect candidate. Some custom paint and you'd be well on your way:)

Hmmm?? Could be done down the road Tom!!! Lol ? 

19 hours ago, gatorincebu said:

Kerry,

You have certainly raised the bar with this build. Looking good thus far !

Be Well

Gator

Thank you for the mind words Gator!! I like to push my own envelope and if it helps push others then that’s even better!!! 

14 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Wow you've really built a stunner!  I really like the unique builds everyone comes up with , shows how creative we can be ! 

Thank ya Jeff! Yes there are a lot of good ideas coming out of all of us! Good to see too, I like different!! 

14 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I'm really liking the hood choice!!

Me too Brian!! Thanks to Rick for that one! He set me straight on using it.. lol ? 

Doc