Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
DrKerry

Steer Car and Kenworth tow rig—New Pics- 12-2-18

Recommended Posts

@VetteGasser my favorite saying is I didn't know there was a boom between the truck and trailer.

Western millipede rockwagon lol also drive-in old cat powered L9000 rock bucket you had to hold the stick into gears 7th-9th otherwise it popped out of lock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

@VetteGasser my favorite saying is I didn't know there was a boom between the truck and trailer.

Western millipede rockwagon lol also drive-in old cat powered L9000 rock bucket you had to hold the stick into gears 7th-9th otherwise it popped out of lock. 

Had a guy about two weeks ago, I was driving my buddies Freightliner day cab and another trucker of all things passed on the left pulling a gravel trailer, All of a sudden he cut a hard right, cut across my path to hit the right turn lane!!! If we had three feet between us we were lucky! I pulled the horns and was yelling every colorful word I could think of!!! My buddy in the passenger seat was almost out of the window yelling at him too!! Talk about eediots!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dammnn rock haulers. 

My favorite is the Bull wagons gotta go.

When I had my own W9 one thought he was faster than i was because i was doing a swift trailer recovery. 

Middle of da night in Texas that good ole boy found out that he had a "SWIFT" trailer he just couldn't get by. 

Left him talking to the rabbits stopped at a Loves fer  some chow Bull boy came in with his buddies talking about how swift blew his doors off his buddies giving him grief hehehehehehehe. 

His buddies were razzing him about how slow his truck was. 

I covered him saying that's how they got their name in the day. 

His buddies told me to flake off.

Okay but as I walked away I said to his buddies there ain't no way a bull wagon is getting around my Swift trailer (crickets) then I heard them tell the waitress to keep their food warm till they got back in. 

They followed me out to my pride seen the 10" big pipes,  22" front Texas square 212 led lights on my kid and chrome for miles.

These guys said i was full of it until I asked the original bull hauler what was scrawled in the dirt on the door he told them I said go look at the trailer doors. 

I had scrawled Bye Bye Baaaaaaby on the back as that's one of the very few times a swift 53 gets to go that fast. 

Miss those wild days but don't miss the chance of getting caught doing a $ & change.

Miss that truck loved messing with the bull wagons lol. 

I think rock haulers are born with 1 brain cell I don't care. 

Edited by NothingAsFineAsaW9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Dammnn rock haulers. 

My favorite is the Bull wagons gotta go.

When I had my own W9 one thought he was faster than i was because i was doing a swift trailer recovery. 

Middle of da night in Texas that good ole boy found out that he had a "SWIFT" trailer he just couldn't get by. 

Left him talking to the rabbits stopped at a Loves fer  some chow Bull boy came in with his buddies talking about how swift blew his doors off his buddies giving him grief hehehehehehehe. 

His buddies were razzing him about how slow his truck was. 

I covered him saying that's how they got their name in the day. 

His buddies told me to flake off.

Okay but as I walked away I said to his buddies there ain't no way a bull wagon is getting around my Swift trailer (crickets) then I heard them tell the waitress to keep their food warm till they got back in. 

They followed me out to my pride seen the 10" big pipes,  22" front Texas square 212 led lights on my kid and chrome for miles.

These guys said i was full of it until I asked the original bull hauler what was scrawled in the dirt on the door he told them I said go look at the trailer doors. 

I had scrawled Bye Bye Baaaaaaby on the back as that's one of the very few times a swift 53 gets to go that fast. 

Miss those wild days but don't miss the chance of getting caught doing a $ & change.

Miss that truck loved messing with the bull wagons lol. 

I think rock haulers are born with 1 brain cell I don't care. 

LOL, you got that one right!!! There are ways to shut people up when they start talking smack, b ut ya gotta have something to back it up too.. My friend has a W9 with a 550 hp C-15 Cat in it.. Does pretty good for itself!!!

We do mostly flat bed work, precast, trucks and equipment type stuff..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was a W9L in black with purple & white stripes chrome & lights out the wazzu.

C16 Cat 675 horse, 13 over,  86" studio, big gears, 

Really miss that truck. 

So your into skateboarding huh fun fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Mine was a W9L in black with purple & white stripes chrome & lights out the wazzu.

C16 Cat 675 horse, 13 over,  86" studio, big gears, 

Really miss that truck. 

So your into skateboarding huh fun fun. 

Lol! Yup! Not all totally flat flatwork... columns and such too! 

This is some of the stuff we run.

panel on crane, one of my friends trucks in pic. Freightliner Argosy.

084679A5-F296-4AC3-8718-7FE3998B4254.thumb.jpeg.ad8afaaf14532b5a48104213ec3414cc.jpeg

95360C9A-E52A-40F2-9C4B-FD978A3CBF8C.thumb.jpeg.eef8efb55c96ef94c08bb3016a32731f.jpeg

his W9 with a new driver in it..

4F68FE58-84B2-4C4D-9E66-2E00E8F05A49.thumb.jpeg.959ecc25bd02d349a611d691ad3ce4d6.jpeg

double t’s 

14 feet wide

8F79F294-A9A8-488D-9B98-A0B4B81C7FB0.thumb.jpeg.4478b4d0b76276396cd852b01a9edb13.jpeg

52 feet long and 70,000 lbs...

B9E2D5B0-1137-4741-A674-2E5CA10FF1B8.thumb.jpeg.ae37453bd5068860ddd265128018e37d.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Miss those loads. 

They are fun!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to get back to this set up.. Collecting too much dust again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking about this project the other day and wondered what happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. Too many other things getting in the way!! That and to many distractions! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been called a distraction before lol. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Vince66 said:

Never been called a distraction before lol. 

 

 

Life is when it comes to modeling! Darned adulting anyway!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol gotta love what life throws at ya huh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vince66 said:

Lol gotta love what life throws at ya huh. 

Ahhh NO!!! LOL, not really.. Wish it would throw more time and money our way!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Heck everytime I put something green in my wallet it throws up asking me what all the green stuff is. 

As for time the furballs are monopolizing most of it as we're home because of this crud. 

Edited by Vince66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vince66 said:

Heck everytime I put something green in my wallet it throws up asking me what all the green stuff is. 

As for time the furballs are monopolizing most of it as we're home because of this crud. 

Heck mine doesn’t know what that green stuff is so it never throws up.. Mine hits the bank and wife pays bills and all I see is money for gas to go to work... Fun eh!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As your modeling projects are going Noooooooooooooooooooooo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vince66 said:

As your modeling projects are going Noooooooooooooooooooooo. 

LOL, exactly!!! I haven't bought any kits or paint in two years as I can't afford them. I do trade when I can but mailing costs are getting to where that won't happen as much either.. I have a few guys I owe stuff to now and keep them in the loop, sucks I can't get stuff to them!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang in there kerry, things are bound to get better 

 

Be Well

   Gator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 12:13 AM, gatorincebu said:

Hang in there kerry, things are bound to get better 

 

Be Well

   Gator

Hopefully some day but I’m kind of doubting it... Ya don’t know my luck! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if it's anything like mine mate, Your not alone....

 

 

Cheers From Down Under, Paul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scaniart said:

And if it's anything like mine mate, Your not alone....

 

 

Cheers From Down Under, Paul.

Good to hear!! Aye! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...