Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP: Casey Mears '05 Pink TARGET Dodge Charger

ClayK

Getting started on a new "detailed" Nascar project. This will be a car I've wanted to do for a while.  Casey Mears 2005 Target Breast Cancer Dodge Charger from the fall Martisnville race. This scheme ran in '04 on an Intrepid body, and also in '05 as a Dodge Charger. I loved the look of the old snorkle nose Chargers from that year, s othat's the version I am going for.

I started with a Revell Intrepid kit, and a Perry's Resin Charger body I've had for years. I believe it was mastered my Mr. Nascar a long time ago and cast by Perry's. I was lucky enough to get one at the time. So I started by cutting off the resin nose at the back of the front fenders, and merged it onto the plastic Intrepid body. Once it was in place, I cut the doors at the body line, and made new lower doors from .040 sheet plastic to make the doors smooth, and to give the body the proper rake. It really changes the whole look of the kit body. I've also started reworking the drivers side window frame, cut the roof flap boxes out, and redid the fuel filler with aluminum tubing.

Next I will hinge the hood and trunk, and start reworking the Interpid quarter windows into the Charger shape.

Here's the 1:1 at Martinsville.

nascarcup2005ma2kd0333-vi.jpg

Here's my body work progress so far.

P1015075z-vi.jpg

P1015069z-vi.jpg

P1015071z-vi.jpg

P1015072z-vi.jpg

I've also got started on modifying the chassis. Long way to go on it.

P1015067z-vi.jpg

P1015068z-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking...should have more soon!

CK

• 1 year later...