Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 F100 Prostreet

Yes Nanton has a show and so does Edmonton!! Look up Rocky Mountain Model Club. I understand that this club hosts alternate shows every year. In May of 2019 they will host in Nanton, AB!! In 2020 Edmonton!!

Mostly military and aircraft but extreme quality builds. They have all classes from automotive to Sci-Fi.

Check it out, see ya at the next show!!!

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey mustang1989 I have been back building for about 15+ years. Built glue bombs since I was a kid. Got back into it after family thing started. I build one project every couple seasons (winter time). The 62 pro street project was shelved several times in total denial it would ever get finished (body was brutal) so it took about 4 winters to complete which was okay cause I kept changing the plan. I have about 100 kits to choose from for the next project but the next kit has to "talk" to me to really get inspired. I am always looking for kits that you don't see often. That gets the attention on the contest tables!!! "Dare to build, dare to cut up, take the risk"!! My inspiration is from builder Clay Kemp, one day I would like to have that talent. Thanks for your interest on the truck!!

On 10/16/2018 at 8:08 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Wait...Nanton has a model show? Not even Edmonton has one.

I've been down to the Nanton show a couple times now, in 2015 and 2017. Both years they spooled up the Lancaster's engines in the afternoon, pretty impressive to hear. It's worth the visit just to see that! Judging from their website, it looks like the model show is June 8 this year, and there's an Engine Run scheduled for the same day :)

On 10/17/2018 at 6:05 PM, Lorne said:

Yes Nanton has a show and so does Edmonton!! Look up Rocky Mountain Model Club. I understand that this club hosts alternate shows every year. In May of 2019 they will host in Nanton, AB!! In 2020 Edmonton!!

Mostly military and aircraft but extreme quality builds. They have all classes from automotive to Sci-Fi.

Check it out, see ya at the next show!!!

Cheers

2 hours ago, Spex84 said:

I've been down to the Nanton show a couple times now, in 2015 and 2017. Both years they spooled up the Lancaster's engines in the afternoon, pretty impressive to hear. It's worth the visit just to see that! Judging from their website, it looks like the model show is June 8 this year, and there's an Engine Run scheduled for the same day :)

Thanks guys. Looks like a roadtrip is in order this June!

• 4 months later...