Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2018

niteowl7710

I wonder if Aoshima will do anything to address the 4X4 stance the MGB's have; they seemed to have designed the suspension around the rubber bumper era vs. the earlier. Would also be nice if they'd reissue the race versions and perhaps it's time for them to tool up the coupe body on their own? Seems for a lot smaller investment than all-new, they'd get a lot more life out of the MGB kits and the license.

I wonder what 24346 is...because the AMG GT3 kit was 24345 and the Molded in Yellow LaFerrari is 24347, with whatever a "Heritage Edition" 370Z is at 24348.  They're missing a kit in there, and they never skip numbers.

01-2018-nissan-370z-heritage-edition-ny-1.jpg.67be9fbe66f5b46c297761ca1fc4151f.jpg

O.K. so THAT is a 370Z Heritage Edition...that will require at least the new 2013+ front fascia and wheels.  Not exactly setting the world on fire, but for Nissan fans it'll shuffle the meter enough to sell.

Edited by niteowl7710

On 8/27/2018 at 11:35 PM, niteowl7710 said:

Lastly for this set of posts, Hasegawa has a number of modified reissues coming...

And last but not least - just so they could join the "Long Ago & Far Away" reissue party - Hasegawa has decided to reissue some of their "America '66" kits.  Now these are long panned for their motorized underpinnings and ridiculous interiors, but supposedly the bodies were pretty spot on, and a plausible basis for conversions into something more believable for those so inclined.  

murica.jpg.3bf62115d979475663108c833a14ab09.jpg

Now THIS is interesting! Finally a chance to make some kustom 60's vintage Cadillacs.
Just wondering how bad the chassis & interiors are? Any ideas for donors?
And lastly, when do these hit the shelves?

8 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

Now THIS is interesting! Finally a chance to make some kustom 60's vintage Cadillacs.
And lastly, when do these hit the shelves?

I've seen the inside of the Buick Wildcat and the chassis was pretty much the standard vague and shallow detail motorized plate, and the interior was also comically shallow...your scale driver would have to be about 3 feet tall or else they'd get a concussion over a speed bump.  The kit will come out November 1st in Japan, but I highly doubt it will exported to the U.S. considering they don't seem to be paying for the licensing - It's "Lowrider Type C" with no mention of Cadillac involved.  So you'd have to pick them up through HobbyLink Japan or wait to see if they hit eBay.

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I wonder what 24346 is...because the AMG GT3 kit was 24345 and the Molded in Yellow LaFerrari is 24347, with whatever a "Heritage Edition" 370Z is at 24348.  They're missing a kit in there, and they never skip numbers.

I’d put money on a new Supra road car done to LFA standard. They can’t reveal it yet until Toyota stops teasing with the race version and shows the road car to the world...

best,

M.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:05 PM, niteowl7710 said:

First up from Aoshima, the Supercar train has finally been righted, as well as seeing a few "long ago & far away reissues".  All of these kits are slated for December

FINALLY after a 20 year absence (1998 was the last reissue of these kits) the MG-Bs resurface.  In both the classic 1968 MK-2, and 1974 MK-3 in all it's Urethane bumpered glory.

10556612b.jpg.a7ac89566a38141c217b4cf462efc5c4.jpg10556614b.jpg.f7ea5acc4e7c7cda76a0b429473aa967.jpg

...Last but not least, a Supercar that most of us knew was baked into the original release of this kit, that we are finally getting.

Lamborghini Huracan Performante - this will include new front and rear Performante specific pieces, new engine cover, rear wing, wheels and Performante specific engine pieces.  There will also be a P/E set sold separately.

10556663b.jpg.63486d9d7893282855667b94001df791.jpg

Thanks for the intel as ever, James.  VERY happy about the MGB and Performante.  Regarding the latter, did Aoshima mention any correction to the modeling on the front fender/door transition? On the first releases the body shell looked backed into by a Transit Connect right about there.

29 minutes ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Thanks for the intel as ever, James.  VERY happy about the MGB and Performante.  Regarding the latter, did Aoshima mention any correction to the modeling on the front fender/door transition? On the first releases the body shell looked backed into by a Transit Connect right about there.

The new parts are just listed as the Performante pieces, there's no mention of a specifically new body tool for it, as I don't think it would be necessary.  I'd be all up for a fix, but until they show it next month I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath.

12 minutes ago, Bennyg said:

Tamiya is random. Didn’t expect the 370z Heritage Edition. I thought a LaFerrari Aperta would have been coming as they did the F50 convertible. I reckon the new Toyota Supra will be on the cards when the 1:1 gets released.

Ben

I kinda thought we'd get the 24hrs of Le Mans/WEC car since it did win and everything.  But it seems that is relegated to the 1/32 Mini 4WD stuff...

17 hours ago, Jon Cole said:

I found this build log from a Japanese Yahoo blog.

This is how the chassis looks like:

https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/flat2ak/34532617.html

https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/flat2ak/34537958.html

Interior:

https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/flat2ak/34535470.html

Finished model:

https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/flat2ak/34540635.html

Edited by fumi

1 hour ago, fumi said:

The interior is on the shallow side, but doesn't look too horrible.  But the flat dashboard with a decal over it is weird!  Maybe someone will come out with a 3-D printed replacement.  The body seems to look good (to my non-expert eyes).

img_2_m.jpg.c86413d2a850a9debbe9dbf293b27930.jpg

EDIT:  I translated those Japanese blogs and the model featured in the blog is the model released in the '80s.  Maybe the current release will have a better dash and interior?  One could hope.

Edited by peteski

Looks like I will be going for a "limo tint" on the windows (thus likely fabricating side windows) to hide the interior.
This should still make a great shelf kustom.
Edit: Looks like it may come with side glass. One less thing to fab.

Like these: 

CADILLAC 1966 Coupe De Ville, low [01] resized 50%.jpg

CADILLAC 1966 Coupe De Ville, low [02].jpg

CADILLAC 1966 smooth & slammed - resized @ 50%.jpg

Edited by Jon Cole

Those Caddy kits do come with one-peice glass unit with the side windows. 

No need for 3-D printing for the dash though. The old JoHan hearse and ambulance kits have the correct dash as they are the same year Caddy. You just need to find a junker or cast a copy or 3 in resin.

The interior is generic with tuck'n roll upholstery and no door panel detail. I also have the '66 Pontiac and it uses the same interior. I'd imagine the other cars in the series also do.

The chassis is promo type with some detail molded in but not much. They're not motorized. The wheels and tires on my copy in the pics are the ones that come in the kits. I've had the Pontiac kit much longer and the whitewall inserts are now melting in the tires. [same wheels and tires]

The bodies do look really good though. Almost an exact copy of the JoHan bodies.

100 0041

100 0042

100 0043 

• 2 weeks later...