Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2018

niteowl7710

On 8/29/2018 at 8:33 AM, niteowl7710 said:

The kit will come out November 1st in Japan, but I highly doubt it will exported to the U.S. considering they don't seem to be paying for the licensing - It's "Lowrider Type C" with no mention of Cadillac involved.  So you'd have to pick them up through HobbyLink Japan or wait to see if they hit eBay.

Looks like this place is going to carry at least the '66 Cadillac: https://internethobbies.com/collections/coming-soon/products/hasegawa-model-cars-1-24-1966-cadillac-sedan-deville-lowrider-kit

Might be cheaper to order direct from Japan, though, too.

On 9/22/2018 at 11:45 AM, Casey said:

Looks like this place is going to carry at least the '66 Cadillac: https://internethobbies.com/collections/coming-soon/products/hasegawa-model-cars-1-24-1966-cadillac-sedan-deville-lowrider-kit

Might be cheaper to order direct from Japan, though, too.

You are more likely to get your kits from overseas than from Internet Hobbies.  They are a known scammer.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

:o They got an F. :lol:

BBB Rating

F

• 16 complaint(s) filed against
    business

Only because the grading scale doesn't go any lower.  They're the same ones that stirred up that...firestorm...over Tamiya's Minimum Advertised Price nonsense earlier this year by implying all of the kits were gonna skyrocket in price.  Price on the Heritage Z in Japan is $27.51...hang onto yer wallets they're out to get ya. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Bennyg said:

I really did expect something different from Tamiya. Hopefully the new Toyota Supra will be kitted.

Ben

I like the looks of the kit and will likely get a couple. I hope they do the Supra both a road car as well as the GT3 version too. I had also expected Tamiya to release a GT3 version of the NSX or a GT500 version of it by now. With the rising of GT3 racing globally I would have expected Tamiya to be releasing more of those style of kits. NSX, Lexus, Nissan GTR, more variants of the AMG, but they seem to be ignoring it, or at least being very quiet about it. Oh well, it's almost 2019, maybe next year. Tho I  can't complain, its been a really good year for GT racers so far.

Preview of coming attractions.  The show is this weekend.

Ebbro

10563037b.jpg.5d18d7b9f9f924df71473b3957c9910c.jpg

Beemax 

42462501_1873999482635368_7486074863887581184_n.jpg.c18e341d6c7484b97690a6c4067b07aa.jpg

Now if you've watched the various spaces here, three out of the four of those aren't new, but this will be their official unveiling.  Although it is interesting that the BMW E46 Super 2000 seems to be in an early plastic test shot, rather than 3D render prints.  The new addition here would be the Top Right which is a Nissan Sunny which raced in the TS1300 (1300cc) class in Japan against Honda Civics and Toyota's Corolla Levin.  It apparently made a reasonably suitable 2WD tarmac rally car in the 1970s as well.

niteowl, (James), have you tried those Ebbro tires off the Lotus on any 1/24th-1/25th scale wheels (i.e. Pegasas) to see if they might fit as Pro Street tires? Looks like they might have nice tread detail on the box art. Not seen any of the Ebbro kits to know. I have seen some F-1 resin tires so could substitute slicks for the treaded kit tire or a resin set of the rain tires.

15 minutes ago, socal76 said:

niteowl, (James), have you tried those Ebbro tires off the Lotus on any 1/24th-1/25th scale wheels (i.e. Pegasas) to see if they might fit as Pro Street tires? Looks like they might have nice tread detail on the box art. Not seen any of the Ebbro kits to know. I have seen some F-1 resin tires so could substitute slicks for the treaded kit tire or a resin set of the rain tires.

I don't dabble in F1, so I don't have any of their kits in that genre. Traditionally speaking though F1 cars are pretty small, even in 1/20 scale. Not sure they'd be big enough tires, especially off a vintage F1 car (which are even smaller than modern ones). Also $62 is a lot to pay just to pilfer some tires.

I had the last issue of the Aoshima "Uretane" (sic) bumper MGB.  (Sold it on eBay).  It wasn't mentioned on the box, but that kit also had the older chrome bumpers and grille on the parts tree, marked as "unused" on the instructions.  Not sure what else you would need, but it looked like you could build an earlier version right out of the box.  Except for fixing that "4x4" ride height.

Another nice touch: the kit included an up-top molded in frosted clear plastic, with an unfrosted clear back window.  It also had a boot cover for the top-down version, and a racing-style tonneau cover that only left the driver's seat open.  I hope Aoshima leaves all those parts in the re-issue.  They usually do.

aos_mgb.jpg

Edited by Mike999
omit

1 hour ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Eh, a loose Starion hood would'na got me speculating much on its own.

But a loose hood and all that yawning space in the chassis plate between the front wheel houses?

I believe that's the chassis plate for the Galant Rally whip since that's what the glass runner is also from...they sorta mixed and matched the photos in that collage.  We shall see for realz come this weekend.