Model Cars Magazine Forum

What type of car is this?

It's one of the Renwall fantasy "1966" kits released in or about that year. I think there were about a half dozen of them of various long-dead marques--Deusenberg, Stutz, Mercer, and so forth. I'm not sure but this might be the Stutz. Or maybe Mercer. 

If you're not interested in it, I'm sure someone here is looking for it and will swap you something more to your liking for it. B)

ETA: There ya go! I see Bucky slipped in with the correct answer while I was typing. B)

Edited by Snake45

I found that Packard as a built glue-bomb, cheap at a local flea market. It did still have the original box and the instruction sheet inside. You've probably noticed one of the...interesting things about that kit.  It's a 2-piece body, and that dividing line between the dark and light-green plastic is where the body is glued together.  The glue on mine was so old that it pretty much fell apart. 

Not sure if I'll try to restore it, or just leave it like it is as a fun historical artifact.  The box looks good on display in my workshop.

2 hours ago, Mike999 said:

I found that Packard as a built glue-bomb, cheap at a local flea market. It did still have the original box and the instruction sheet inside. You've probably noticed one of the...interesting things about that kit.  It's a 2-piece body, and that dividing line between the dark and light-green plastic is where the body is glued together.  The glue on mine was so old that it pretty much fell apart. 

Not sure if I'll try to restore it, or just leave it like it is as a fun historical artifact.  The box looks good on display in my workshop.

I noticed that 426Pack's is colored exactly the opposite of Bucky's. Pretty clever: Run the molds in light green, then run them in dark green, then switch half the sprues on every kit going out the door! Genius! 

2 hours ago, Rider said:

They all look like they could be turned into some real cool looking builds. 

Some of them look like they'd make believable '70s "pimpmobiles." :lol:

I'm pretty sure I could make SOMETHING cool out the Bugatti, though--and probably the Mercer, too. B)

These cars are awesome.

I'd love to have one and Superfly Pimp it out. It wouldn't be too much of a strectch to mod up a Lincoln MarkIV, or a MarkV to resemble one of these cars. I think I'd start with a MarkIV over a V only because the IV has softer lines then the V. 

• 2 months later...