Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Goat-A-Mino Can Be Yours!

Up for auction at Sothebys, no reserve.  When I lived in Los Angeles, I saw several Tempests converted into GTO station wagons, but no Goat-A-Minos like this.  A local independent Mercedes shop went the other way. It converted an old Mercedes wagon into a Merc-A-Mino for hauling parts etc.  That one looked very good, since the shop did all the conversion work, and it was always clean and polished.  It was painted dark blue with the shop name lettered in white on the doors and tailgate. Looked very classy and made a great "rolling billboard." 

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/08/31/el-camino-gto-auction/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000021&yptr=yahoo

gto-cam.jpg

Edited by Mike999
error

I do like the '65, as the vertical headlights and surrounds seem to work well with the body overall.

Now, I wouldn't mind a late '70s Grand Am based ElCo, either: 

1353809-450-282.jpg

Can't recall what the story was with this one, posted on the GM Photostore facebook page...maybe a Beaumont mash-up of some sort?:

11694929_714024622076426_619162328425163

Edited by Casey

42 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

Always wore an open collared polyester shirt with a vaguely suggestive  gold pendant on a chain.  Called it his "Italian Good Luck Charm".  Did one experience the '70s or just survive them?

Those guys are still around- they've traded in the open button-up shirts for tank tops and the Levi's for sweat pants, but they're still around. :)

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I do like the '65, as the vertical headlights and surrounds seem to work well with the body overall.

Now, I wouldn't mind a late '70s Grand Am based ElCo, either: 

1353809-450-282.jpg

Can't recall what the story was with this one, posted on the GM Photostore facebook page...maybe a Beaumont mash-up of some sort?:

11694929_714024622076426_619162328425163

Casey there was a 78 in Toledo area when I was driving my 78 Cutlass , around 85. I liked the look of that one also. My cousin had a 78 pontiac at the time, the only reason i noticed. 

I think the 59 was done for a prototype (one of 2 if I remember correctly) and used for a parts runner at the Pontiac plant until it slipped out the back door. A story was in a Hemmings mag a few years ago. I sure hope it was not an April issue. LOL