Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Ford Sunliner

Lovefordgalaxie

I agree with what was said about the wire wheels. If they were done like the ones in the Moebius 56 Chrysler kit, you'd have a winner, but the Lindberg wheels just don't look too hot lol. Aside from that, this is a real beauty. The fact that you make your own foil has always impressed me. I have enough trouble with the premade stuff.

Thanks Carl, Bo and Tyler!!

On 9/4/2018 at 4:24 AM, Tyler62990 said:

I agree with what was said about the wire wheels. If they were done like the ones in the Moebius 56 Chrysler kit, you'd have a winner, but the Lindberg wheels just don't look too hot lol. Aside from that, this is a real beauty. The fact that you make your own foil has always impressed me. I have enough trouble with the premade stuff.

I know the wire wheels on that kit, and they are vastly superior. The biggest problem for me is that I don't like wire wheels. They have a look I don't dig. Plus, they are a pita to clean on a 1:1 car. 

Since I don't have another donor kit to rob the wheels from, and don't want to buy a diecast car just to rob it's wheels again, I'm contemplaing a set of Cragar mags, or even using some 1956 Ford wheel covers I have in the parts box, from the AMT '56 Vicky. They look close to the stock wheel covers, and would look nice.