Model Cars Magazine Forum

2017 Featherlite-ish Transporter

I finished this up last year, well, ok, its not 100% finished, that are some little things that I need to take care, but over all its been in this state since the end of 2017, just never got around to taking photos of it, well, I ok, I did take photo's of it about six months ago but didnt like how they turned out, so now I finally got back around to taking more photo's of it.

The details, well, for those that dont, this is my 3rd(6th overall) that I have built that was worthy enough to be seen by others,  its 98% scratchbuilt using Evergreen plastic products,  the only parts kit parts would the wheel/tires and from Moebius ,  to scale this is about 51ft long,  my next one I do will be a full 53ft or 26inches( I think), its about 1/24th-ish scale.   I use plans direct from Featherlite to build them.   Its not perfect, I can't make a straight cut to save my life, I have tried a lot of things, anyways,  its a little bit rough , I am happy with it, but at the same time I am not.

I hate trying to photograph large items like this.

Looks good from where I am sitting! I admire your attempt to build something so large, I would be too intimidated. I struggle with the Galaxie trailers, could not imagine trying to scratchbuild something like this!

My only advice for cutting long straight pieces would be to create a jig on a flat surface that has a perfect 90 degree angle.

Yeah, Buddy...I remember this one....I'd say you've gotten quite good at hitting all the details, for sure....My trailers are cut "straight" ;), but don't have nearly as good and accurate a detail...I love looking at these you build, as it helps me up my game....You are the master of the lift gate, too, Man....The Master!!! Great looking trailer....They are are always great looking trailers....Keep on doing these...I'm going to start back up, myself, very soon....Love your work...