Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any interest in NeoClassics?

On 9/2/2018 at 11:40 AM, Atmobil said:

Now I remeber one that I have always liked, the Corvorado:
i017906.jpg

Never thought about this one being based on a Corvette, I just thought it was a severely shortened Eldorado. But now I can see the windshield/T-tops. However, either one is easily purchased, and the Caddie isn't considered THAT prestigious to copy so, I have to ask "why"?:blink:

These neo classic cars have too much bling on them and not at all tasteful to my eyes!   I am not a great fan of stretched limmos either.

My idea of turning up in style to say that you have really made it can only be in a chauffeur drivenRolls Royce!

Edited by Bugatti Fan

• 6 months later...
On 9/2/2018 at 9:09 AM, Snake45 said:

These are interesting to look (and sometimes laugh) at, but not enough to interest me in building a model of one. 

To my eye most of them are completely tasteless and tacky, like pretty much everything in the "disco" era.  Only my opinion however, like everybody has one:rolleyes:

So many of these designs are sooo awful...that they're fascinating and would make a good model :D   The Corvorado is a fave for its pimp-tastic-ness, but that white Excaliber roadster mentioned earlier is probably the best-looking car in this thread! Doesn't have any kit-car stink on it at all!

A while back I encountered a  VW "Bugatti". It was pretty legit, but I recognized the VW torsion-bar suspension instantly. Still a convincing and attractive package! Here's a pic from the net of a similar one:

1.JPG

51 minutes ago, Spex84 said:

So many of these designs are sooo awful...that they're fascinating and would make a good model :D   The Corvorado is a fave for its pimp-tastic-ness, but that white Excaliber roadster mentioned earlier is probably the best-looking car in this thread! Doesn't have any kit-car stink on it at all!

A while back I encountered a  VW "Bugatti". It was pretty legit, but I recognized the VW torsion-bar suspension instantly. Still a convincing and attractive package! Here's a pic from the net of a similar one:

1.JPG

Any more pictures of it from other angles?

I can see the appeal of the Volks-Bugatti.  Sure, you aren't fooling anyone, but it is something you can use and have fun with, without worrying about the automotive equivalent of a Faberge egg.  And if you really have to have a perfect replica, the folks at Pur Sang will sell you what is for all intents and purposes, a duplicate of a Type 35.

I like the Panther J72 because they manage to capture the look of the original SS100 fairly well.

panther-j72-2.jpg

The Cumberford Martinique I like because unlike so many of these attempts at retro styling, it has a fairly harmonious design, and I do like those wood fenders.

Martinique-front-right-view.jpg