Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Ferrari 206P Dino - Forgotten Prototipo

Italianhorses

Hello Alex, as with many great artists, THEY notice when they lose a few percent of their skills, but the public don't. So even if you might know what you might have done better ten years ago, it's still a great model and a real eye-pleaser...

As far as your accident is concerned, I read an old interview on  http://www.modelcarbeasts.com earlier this year while doing some research, so I knew about this.

I was gladly surprised to find you back on the forum yesterday, so in the interest of high quality modelling, I trust you will be active on a regular basis now... :rolleyes:

Edited by Tommy124

As has been already stated, so great to see you back!  I count you as one of my favorite modelers.  I am always amazed by how "clean" your models are, how smooth your finishes are, (not just body exterior paint), and how the colors and textures are spot on.  So, welcome back! and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Welcome back Alex!

So sorry to hear about your accident and injuries, I hope you're not depressed.

Your build of this kit is truly inspiring, even though you keep saying it isn't perfect.

You've achieved perfection over 10 years ago, now relax and enjoy building no matter how they turn out, just have fun, nothing left for you to prove, you're already a hero in many Ferrari enthusiast's eyes! Ciao and Forza Ferrari!!

2 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Hello Alex, as with many great artists, THEY notice when they lose a few percent of their skills, but the public don't. So even if you might know what you might have done better ten years ago, it's still a great model and a real eye-pleaser...

As far as your accident is concerned, I read an old interview on  http://www.modelcarbeasts.com earlier this year while doing some research, so I knew about this.

I was gladly surprised to find you back on the forum yesterday, so in the interest of high quality modelling, I trust you will be active on a regular basis now... :rolleyes:

Thank you - yes, will try to stop by more often now that I'm back behind the bench. 

55 minutes ago, Nacho Z said:

As has been already stated, so great to see you back!  I count you as one of my favorite modelers.  I am always amazed by how "clean" your models are, how smooth your finishes are, (not just body exterior paint), and how the colors and textures are spot on.  So, welcome back! and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Thank you! I do try to take pictures with clean backgrounds to focus on the model instead of the clutter behind. I think that helps.

19 minutes ago, dino246gt said:

Welcome back Alex!

So sorry to hear about your accident and injuries, I hope you're not depressed.

Your build of this kit is truly inspiring, even though you keep saying it isn't perfect.

You've achieved perfection over 10 years ago, now relax and enjoy building no matter how they turn out, just have fun, nothing left for you to prove, you're already a hero in many Ferrari enthusiast's eyes! Ciao and Forza Ferrari!!

Hey thanks! No, I'm not depressed! At least not anymore, was tough in the beginning. But if anything, I'm really enjoying my return to building!

Again, thank you everyone for kind words and encouragement - much appreciated!

• 1 year later...

Fantastic model, Alex, of one of the most important Ferraris (even if it never was equipped with a working engine)

Even if you think that you don't have your old building skills any more after your accident - this model is far above the ability of most of us.

Don't try to reach perfection, just build for your own enjoyment.

If only Fujimi had released this one instead of the 206 S prototype (which already has been released by Heller/Airfix) ...  sigh !