Model Cars Magazine Forum

RIP Burt Reynolds

Snake45

I'm pretty upset.I just found out that one of the best actors of our time,Burt Reynolds has passed away today at the age of 82.He was the Bandit.He played so many great roles.He will be missed by the whole world.There was no one like him..He certainly lived a full life....RIP Bandit.

IMG_4136.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

33 minutes ago, Bucky said:

Very sad news. I enjoyed watching his movies and shows. I see him in Gunsmoke occasionally.

To me,he was an American Icon.The one and only.Its weird,I also heard that Sally Fields mother also died. 

Edited by NYLIBUD

Some of Burt Reynolds movies..Boogie nights,Best little WhoreHouse in Texas.Deliverance.Of course the Bandit.Sharky's Machine,which he directed.He was great in Hooper,Gator,and one movie that a lot of people forgot,The End,with Sally Field,and Dom Deluise...The movie was hilarious.The longest Yard.Of course Stroker Ace,another comedy.Malone,Best Friends with Goldie Hawn,Cannonball Run,White Lighting,Stick,and many more.

55 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Some of Burt Reynolds movies..Boogie nights,Best little WhoreHouse in Texas.Deliverance.Of course the Bandit.Sharky's Machine,which he directed.He was great in Hooper,Gator,and one movie that a lot of people forgot,The End,with Sally Field,and Dom Deluise...The movie was hilarious.The longest Yard.Of course Stroker Ace,another comedy.Malone,Best Friends with Goldie Hawn,Cannonball Run,White Lighting,Stick,and many more.

One of my favorite actors. i am so glad I own my favorite movies of him. He is The Bandit, a true classic. I always thought Lonnie Anderson done him wrong. My he rest in piece with Jerry Reed.....

3 hours ago, slusher said:

One of my favorite actors. i am so glad I own my favorite movies of him. He is The Bandit, a true classic. I always thought Lonnie Anderson done him wrong. My he rest in piece with Jerry Reed.....

Snowman and the Bandit are together again......RIP

1 hour ago, smhardesty said:

Deliverance was by far his best role. Reynolds himself stated, "I don't know if it's the best acting I've done, but it's the best movie I've ever been in. It proved I could act, not only to the public but to me."

"Boogie Nights" has to be a very close second. He just nailed that part, right down to the powder-blue polyester leisure suits.  Much of that movie was shot in my neighborhood at the time.  Places like the old Reseda Theater and the church with the big mural were right down the street. The street being Sherman Way, one of the major streets thru the San Fernando Valley.  For others who know the area, I lived almost at the corner of Sherman Way & Corbin Ave. 

Funny story about Ned Beatty's big scene in "Deliverance."  Beatty told director John Boorman that he'd better get that scene in the first take. Because Beatty wasn't doing it twice.

It always tickled me that Bruce Springsteen gave Burt a shout-out in "Cadillac Ranch."  One of the best driving songs ever, IMO.  Over & out, Bandit, and RIP.

Edited by Mike999
goof

Bummer.  But as my undocumented wife's husband who fought brain cancer for 7 years liked to say, "Life's not for everyone."  We all pass on, some have a legacy worth remembering, and his movies always will.  My fav was Smokey, close second was Cannonball Run.  RIP

7 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

"Boogie Nights" has to be a very close second.

You're absolutely correct. Depending on which critic you listen to or which web article you read, Boogie Nights and Deliverance swap back and forth for 1st and 2nd best. Both movies required a higher degree of acting to make the role come alive and he hit both right on the head.