Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Model T bucket

Rider

I know Lindberg has something they called a "29 T", but there's no such thing, and it doesn't look like the Lindberg kit.   It looks like a 23-25 T.  In fact, the interior looks like it came from Mnogram's "L'il T", or one of it's variations.    Nicely done, in any case.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

On 2018-09-06 at 9:59 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

I know Lindberg has something they called a "29 T", but there's no such thing, and it doesn't look like the Lindberg kit.   It looks like a 23-25 T.  In fact, the interior looks like it came from Mnogram's "L'il T", or one of it's variations.    Nicely done, in any case.

Thanks. You are correct it was the Black Gold version postedby TooOld.

On 2018-09-06 at 10:06 PM, vintagercr said:

Looks good!

Cheers

On 2018-09-07 at 2:42 AM, Lovefordgalaxie said:

More like a circa 1925 Model T Ford. Not a '29. Those were Model As. 

Pretty sure the Model T's came before the A's. 

On 2018-09-07 at 4:07 AM, ChrisR said:

Nice!!

Thanks 

On 2018-09-07 at 6:50 AM, TooOld said:

Very nicely done ,  the wheel and tire combo looks great !   I also like the subdued look without the bright toy-like chrome .

Judging by the engine/headers/radiator and interior it's a Revell Ford Street "T" Rod kit .

s-l1600 (1)

Thanks for posting that up, yes it was a version of that kit. The black with gold bits. 

On 2018-09-07 at 8:02 AM, slusher said:

Great looking model!

Thank you.

On 2018-09-07 at 11:30 AM, espo said:

Very nice T Bucket. I like the rear tires, they really don't look out of scale to me and the sidewalls look naturel.   

Thanks, surprising how they look in scale.

On 2018-09-07 at 11:51 AM, Ken Gilkeson said:

realistic

Cheers Ken.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 11:26 AM, Rider said:
On 9/7/2018 at 1:42 AM, Lovefordgalaxie said:

More like a circa 1925 Model T Ford. Not a '29. Those were Model As. 

Pretty sure the Model T's came before the A's. 

Model T production ended with the 1927 model year. Model A production was from 28 through 31 model years. 

On 2018-09-19 at 6:02 PM, Lovefordgalaxie said:

That's what I said. The car is a circa 1925 Moel T, and not a '29. 1929 Fords were Model As. 

You sir are correct, thanks for pointing out the correction:D

On 2018-09-20 at 9:06 AM, Mr. Metallic said:

Yes, I know, but the OP still seemed confused, so i was just trying to clarify.

OP? No idea what that is an acronym for. Sorry. But thanks for helping me learn the correct year.

22 hours ago, Force said:

I think the Model T Roadster pickup was available from the factory only 1925-1927.

Thanks for the info lesson guys. I am not much a stickler for that kinda stuff when I build, I just like to build. I appreciate learning though. I should have just looked in my stash, I have a number of those early model T buckets. 

12 hours ago, DumpyDan said:

Nicely done Curtis, wheels look great love the front spokes nice build.  Are you going to London this weekend?

Thanks man, funny thing about those wheels. I took them off there to make a mold from them, and now I can't find them, doh. 

Yes I am heading to that show with Sara. She is so excited to be entering some builds. Not sure if I will actually enter any builds or just show them, either way I am taking a ton. I assume you are not going, being it is so far of a drive.