Model Cars Magazine Forum

Complete bonuses in kits

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

How about the little animals that came in early AMT kits?

Not sure where the lines between individual parts and "complete bonuses" lies, but this topic has lots of pics and info on individual parts and small parts groups: 

Edited by Casey

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think this is the same TV camera/parts which were last offered in the AMT Custom & Competition Parts Pack?

Must be. Also the same camera as the "Drag Strip Accessories" in the Prestige Series '63 Corvette convertible.  That set included the TV camera, drag strip lights, loudspeakers, flags and the big fire extinguisher.  I think those were in a separate Parts Pack sold back in the early '60s. Then they disappeared for over 20 years, and popped up in that Prestige 'Vette in 1987. 

Thanks for mentioning the AMT T339 Accelerator Corvette.  I didn't know about that one. 

30 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Must be. Also the same camera as the "Drag Strip Accessories" in the Prestige Series '63 Corvette convertible.  That set included the TV camera, drag strip lights, loudspeakers, flags and the big fire extinguisher.  I think those were in a separate Parts Pack sold back in the early '60s.

AMTDragStripAccessoriesPP.jpg.dfc4b39b6497e90d70c38316c2456d18.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 4:08 PM, Casey said:

Here are the motorcycle and trailer from the MPC "Wheeler Dealer" Monte Carlo shown above, also included in the most recent MPC "Class Action" reissue of 2006 or so:

MPCWheelerDelaerMonteCarloMotorcycle.jpg.0ede9c6ca77be4a2b98256c311c13158.jpg

MPCWheelerDelaerMonteCarlo6.jpg.f77c5899fbd51726d36debcbfa7a1262.jpg

I have one of these Choppers, still unbuilt.............

Monogram Cherry Bomb. I look at this not so much as a bonus, but part of the kit's whole unit theme. Same the other Monogram combos. Some of the bonuses in those early annuals don't seem very theme oriented and therefore more like a true "extra."

RMX-4191-5.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Casey said:

Single axle cargo trailer found in the MPC '69 Dodge Coronet (and '68, too, I think) kit:

MPC69DodgeCoronet4.jpg

Where would I look for any version of those hollow tires whether vintage or new production???

• 1 year later...
On 10/4/2015 at 1:09 PM, BIGTRUCK said:

Back in the 60s AMT put part of a ''motorcycle'' into 1962 Styline Thunderbird kit. When looking at the back of the instruction sheet it pointed out by arrows what parts were included in your kit, and stated the remainder of parts can be found in other AMT Styline hardtop kits.

AMTMotorcycleInsert.jpg.6892ec28499e4d1db811d60defaf8b07.jpg

On 2/18/2019 at 5:33 PM, Lunajammer said:

Monogram Cherry Bomb. I look at this not so much as a bonus, but part of the kit's whole unit theme. Same the other Monogram combos. Some of the bonuses in those early annuals don't seem very theme oriented and therefore more like a true "extra."

RMX-4191-5.jpg

The parts count on the car itself is REALLY low - there might be more bonus parts than there are for the main model ?

• 2 weeks later...