Model Cars Magazine Forum

Complete bonuses in kits

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Someone mentioned this in another topic, but I guess it would fit in with this topic-- the 33-1/3 RPM record included with the 1/25 AMT '68 Shelby GT500 Mustang kit, as pictured.

AMT68ShelbyRecord.jpg.97ef7c6bbd7f01ef2ebe03498405f26a.jpg

Casey, ding ding ding....this triggered a reminder to my brain...I built this kit and I remember that record.  I can hear it in my head now of Carrol going through the gears on the track in the car!  Cool thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, I hope Round2 can find that Westcraft Boat. If they could find the Soap Box Derby racer, there might be some hope for the little boat. But, is it all on one sprue by itself, or were the parts integrated into the sprues for the kit?

Well, we can hope. Round2 continues to produce small miracles from their old Tool Banks, when we least expect it.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:41 AM, stavanzer said:

But, is it all on one sprue by itself, or were the parts integrated into the sprues for the kit?

The chrome parts for the boat were on a small section of chrome parts along with some chrome engine bits for the ElCamino (the small block, not the six).

Not sure about the non-plated boat pieces (all of those parts are rattling around in the bottom of the box on my example)

How about a nice 1/24 scale Amphicat ATV?  It was included in an MPC Space 1999 kit about 5(?) years ago; don't know it it's still current.  Too bad it's not included in a car/truck kit....but it's a stand-alone piece that could easily make an appearance some day. 

z2.JPG

z1.JPG

• Like 1

Wow, What a Neat 6 Wheeler. Makes me Think of the Banana Buggies from the Banana Splits TV Show. Throw in some Rifles, Camping gear and a Trailer (from the Fireball 500), add to the GMC Deserter Pickup and you'd have a whole Diorama in a Box!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 7:21 PM, pack rat said:

it's a stand-alone piece that could easily make an appearance some day. 

z2.JPG

Still hopeful. 😊 Would that fit on the smaller Fireball 500/Corvette trailer? I don't think it'd fit inside any standard pickup bed.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Still hopeful. 😊 Would that fit on the smaller Fireball 500/Corvette trailer? I don't think it'd fit inside any standard pickup bed.

It's way too small for the Fireball 500 trailer.  I test-fitted it on a few trucks on my shelf (as well as the F500 trailer). 

On any standard 8ft pickup bed I placed it in the wheelhouses got in the way, and it was too big to fit in a '72 GMC stepside.  Due to the position of the wheelhouses it kinda looks OK perched on a '69 ElCamino (I assume the fit would be similar in the more common new-tool '68 ElCamino)

Should the Amphicat be considered for inclusion in a truck kit an easy solution might be a couple of ramps similar to the '64 ElCamino/Wescraft kit.

zzzz.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 2/12/2022 at 8:04 PM, steveracer said:

Casey, ding ding ding....this triggered a reminder to my brain...I built this kit and I remember that record.  I can hear it in my head now of Carrol going through the gears on the track in the car!  Cool thanks!

Revell also did a record for the Mustang Grande kit, too. Don't know anything about it other than that, sadly. I wish that kit was still available.