Model Cars Magazine Forum

First time at the table since the snow melted

It took me all summer to change a engine in my 66 F100 where years ago I could have done it in a couple weeks so with the all day rain today it was time to work at the table,took on a new restoration project and still need to finish the 68 El Camino I started late last winter.   I had been planning on attending a swapmeet today to look for parts I still need but I really did not want to get soaked in that cool rain and it rained too much to go to the junkyard too,fall is coming and I hate to see summer end but will be nice to start building again.

I feel your pain- I have had a busy summer and have spent maybe 2 hours at the bench since Memorial Day. Our problem here has been heat and humidity. A normal summer is 35 days above 90 degrees F and this year we have logged over 60! A lot of humidity has prevented me from painting anything and I have lost motivation on at least 10 WIPs that should be done by now.

If the hurricane Florence does in fact hit NC, I might have some time to build next weekend as long as it's daylight!