Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Beaumont front bumper/grille

19 hours ago, 1st 700 Quad said:

These parts look great. I was looking at the Model Car Garage website thinking I'd go ahead and order the Chevelle/Beaumont photo etch set so I'd have it when I get these resin parts to make the Beaumont but I have a hard time justifying $22.00 for only the "Beaumont" script for the grille. That appears to be the only part that one would need out of that set. The individual letters for the back panel aren't in there so it's just that script you'd use. Can't see it......

There's actually quite a few peices in the set you need to do a factory stock model. Scripts for the grille and trunk lid. [yes, the slanted trunk lid script on my cvt. is correct for a stock build] "custom" and "deluxe" scripts for the fenders and engine callout badges. Script badges for the cash and inner door panels, not to mention all the stuff like door locks and rear view mirror that's shared with the Chevelle.

My bud, Steve Curbishly loaned the MCG guys his Beaumont brochures to do the PE set, hasn't got them beck yet. <_<

ALSO, the block letter "beaumont" scripts are for a '68, so that's covered already. :D

BTW, there shouldn't be an arrowhead on the grille divider of a stock Beaumont, just the ones on each headlight assembly.

1969 Beaumont-01

On 9/9/2018 at 8:55 AM, Can-Con said:

I've been slowly re-working the MCG resin part to get it more accurate. The grille openings were too small and the outer ends were completely wrong. This is what you'd call a "long term project", last time I worked on it was about 5 years ago. LOL

IMG 1467

IMG 1468

I did the tail lights years ago.

122 2219

122 2226

Looks like your going to cast it as all one piece?

Anyway, good luck with it. Seeing another one being built may motovate me to finish up the one I've been working on. [my second one]

Me too. Mines been on the shelf waiting til I get motivated to finish it. Scratching the 68 grille hit a rough spot for me.

Sunday at the Resin Ranch. Got a lot done. Crown Vics rolling down the assembly line, Chevy low rider parts having molds made. A certain Californian will be glad to read that.

The Beaumont grilles look very nice.

IMG_0878.thumb.jpg.7b5f22fedd0b13f3040c5c5806016f8f.jpg

But... What's that thing below the right grille?

IMG_0880.jpg.55dc9a2309903cb65f94d0742cab3df3.jpg

An air bubble in the mold, not an imperfection in the master. The caster's worst enemy, (aside from humidity) rare but annoying. However, this is an opportunity to make it better. I'm not very happy with the ends of the grille where it interfaces with the fenders, so I'll add some detail to that area to make it a bit more authentic. Always room for improvement.

Just for fun, there is a real 1968 Beaumont, Chevelle on the Ebay for 20 grand.  Check it out!  It is located in Canada.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chevrolet-Chevelle-Beaumont-Custom-/113256337118?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

Oddly enough, the listing just ended.

Edited by Greg Wann

• 2 weeks later...