Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth conventional experts

AITM has the old KW sleeper with one piece doors and wavy back wall, I just bought two for an upcoming project...two you say?!?...well the Tyrone Malone Boss Truck Of America had two sleepers of that style. ;)

Edited by Force

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, PettyKW43 said:

There is a nice one shown in a video on YouTube with a V12 Detroit, in a 67Kenwotth

Thanks for all your contributions to this thread, you answered all my questions and then some. I guess they are pretty rare.  Not much of a Detroit fan,  but the 1693  would be sweet!  Now if we can only get cargostar ( models by Dave) to offer a resin  extended cowl for us!

Edited by leafsprings

The Super Boss hood is the longer 74 inch hood.
What's talked about here is the cowl extension used on trucks with higher horse power engines before the longer 74 inch hood came into production in 1970, they extended the cowl on the cab and used the shorter 63 inch hood without cutouts for the air cleaner tubes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 1:34 PM, mistermodel said:

wasnt there a medium grill size also?

Not that I am aware of. There was an extra wide grille with a very large radiator as an option for the T800, but that wasn't available until the late 80's or early 90's.

I thought it looked short, which means it is designed for the earlier KW cab, pre 63 small window. If one want to back date the AMT kit coffin box remove the moulded in panel line and upper door handle, move the vent panels to the front of the doors and add the ribs to the back panel . Two ways to do it either pirate the ribs off of a Mercury box or get evergreen styrene strips and add them in .

• 1 year later...