Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford dump truck

I am calling this done! I had started a few threads on the dump bed in the resin truck section and thank you to everyone with all the good info I got!! The basic kit is the recently re-issued firestone pickup that a friend gave me cause he pirated some parts for a build he was working on. The dump bed is from BCS trading, an ebay seller with great products at a very reasonable price!  Overall it came out ok although I really am not happy with the color choice for the cab or the paint job itself. The truck kit itself isn't the greatest, typical of the era it was made. I may still do some details and maybe some weathering. This was built for our club common theme night. Comments welcome!

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

Looks great, and not a common build. I think the color looks good. While many would have been fleet white, this could have been a dually someone converted to a dump years down the road. It happens on the 1:1 all the time.

I own a 1:1 Chevy with service box, and it is Fire Engine Red, literally. It came from a local fire department. So, anything goes for color.

Thanks for the comments guys! This was built for my model clubs theme build. We try and do 1 theme build a year for our monthly contest. Everyone writes what they would like to see as the theme and throws it in a hat. This year "Dump trucks" was picked out of the hat!!! Anyway this was my first build of a light commercial vehicle other than some custom pickups. The name on the side is the club member who is a cement contractor and he was the one who threw dump trucks in the hat! And as I was looking at the pics I noticed I have the Italian flag on the front license plate upside down! I'll have to fix that!! Overall a very fun build that got a lot of looks at the club meeting!

Great looking truck. All it needs is a little dust and grime on the wheels and chassis. I know what you have had to work with on this thing, one of the many projects on my bench is the very same kit but I'm building a 4x4 F150 flareside, lifted with bigger wheels and tires. I have stranded the projects several times in the almost three years I have been working on it.

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words! The kit is rather difficult to build, there was some twist to several pieces and there is no floor other than the interior tub which makes for rather large gaps in between. Good luck with your project, they are neat looking trucks just a lot of work! Maybe you could swap some parts from the new Mobius 4 wheel drive.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...