Revell 1968 Chevelle

Exotics_Builder

9 hours ago, Deuces said:

Your in luck!!....

No smog pump in the pictures....:)

I think the headers from the '67 Pro-Street kit might work... I hope!!:huh:

Picture6__29811.1536673399.jpg

41616350_10212548169195333_4053660790471786496_n.jpg

First thing that engine reminded me of was the one in the old MPC '68 Camaro. 

I'd be very surprised to see a wagon from this tooling. Not only would it need a new body but also new frame. floor pan and mostly new interior. The wagons and Elcaminos were built on a longer wheelbase meaning it would be a lot of different parts.

I'm thinking the only things a wagon kit could share would be the suspension, dash , front bumper/grille maybe windshield and some small odds and ends.

2 hours ago, Bob Ellis said:

Aftre seeing a built AMT 68 chevelle sell for $170 on Ebay, I doubt the Revell kit will depress the vintage kit price

At the same time, if you want a '68 Chevelle - unless there's something really goofed up and wrong about the Revell proportions - why on earth would anyone pay $170 for a built kit, when an minty fresh new one would be $25 or less?

5 hours ago, Bob Ellis said:

Aftre seeing a built AMT 68 chevelle sell for $170 on Ebay, I doubt the Revell kit will depress the vintage kit price

It will surely "depress" it for me!

I might have been willing to pay some where in the neighborhood of $100.00 for a restorable example a month ago.

Now I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for one.

I'm not interested in a kit because it's vintage.

My interest is entirely subject matter alone.

Steve

4 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

At the same time, if you want a '68 Chevelle - unless there's something really goofed up and wrong about the Revell proportions - why on earth would anyone pay $170 for a built kit, when an minty fresh new one would be $25 or less?

As PT Barnum was fond of saying..."There's a fool born every minute".

I am with you on this, I can't see spending that kind of money on a model, no matter what!

32 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I'd have to agree. The pics I've seen look pretty good. But Revell has been SO good at snatching Heartbreak from the jaws of Joy....:unsure:

Oh I don't know, usually it looks mediocre and goofed up. Then people exclaim it's just a test shot and Revell will fix it, and not to judge until you have the model in your hands.  Then the day comes and it's still the same pile of mediocre unfixed nonsense inside the box.  The fact that it looks pretty decent on the box art buildups would lend me to believe they might have actually pulled it off more than the last several attempts.

6 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I'd have to agree. The pics I've seen look pretty good. But Revell has been SO good at snatching Heartbreak from the jaws of Joy....:unsure:

Um, I'd take Revell over any other model maker any day of the week.  They at least know how to make a model that looks like the car they are trying to sell.

2 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Um, I'd take Revell over any other model maker any day of the week.  They at least know how to make a model that looks like the car they are trying to sell.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. 

I can't believe that a couple of weeks ago, everyone was in such a tizzy over the fact that there might not any more automotive kits from Revell, and then Revell comes out with what looks to me like a very nice kit of a great subject, and it's already being picked apart, and bad mouthed, before we've even seen it.

I wouldn't blame Revell if they never made another kit.(I sure hope they do though.)

I've mentioned this before , the folks at Revell are big boys and girls, and probably aren't going to close their doors because of a few critical words on the internet.

The opinions that really matter will be the ones who put their money where their mouths are.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

• Xingu locked this topic