Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody have Single drive cabovers for inspiration/reference

On 9/16/2018 at 8:29 AM, Mopar - D said:

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

Dan,

Wow both the CN-900, and the LN-1000 are awesome. Thanks for sharing. My Freightliner is coming along slowly but surely. Putting the final touches on the frame tonight before I paint her. only issue I have thus far is placing the livery (company) decals on the passenger side door. The decals I am looking to place are all too large to not overlap the peep window. The only solution I have are as follows:

1) Paint over the peep window then I can use the decals.

2) Place the decals on the side of each fuel tank.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

On 9/13/2018 at 8:53 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Here's mine:

32501635576_d8c1fce225_h.jpgIMG_1918 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

This isn't a daycab, but it is a single drive:

33089255602_7935ab36ca_k.jpg100_1753 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

Brian

Hi quick question how did you cement the interior bucket in place on the Freightliner? On test fitting my SD I notice there are gaps when you look from underneath. Thanks

Jerry

11 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Brian

Hi quick question how did you cement the interior bucket in place on the Freightliner? On test fitting my SD I notice there are gaps when you look from underneath. Thanks

Jerry

Sorry Jerry it's been too long to remember. I've built two of those and I most likely glued the bucket in place. Unless they fit very snug, I usually glue them.

Thanks to all for providing me with reference pics. All of your works are superbly done and it seems that I will have some good ideas from those pics. Update on my project the frame is about 85-90% complete. Just have to prime then paint her. Weather (humidity) has not been an ally this week. After I get the frame done I can then meet up with my old nemesis. The AMT metal axle. He and I go together like oil and water. Could use some suggestions on getting the axle to fit into the back of the wheels properly. I have a pin vice I bought over the Summer. I guess use the largest bit in the set would be the best way? However any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by JerseeJerry55