Model Cars Magazine Forum

Koenig Competition Ferrari Testarossa (1/24 scale by Fujimi)

Tommy124

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Kennyboy said:

The Koenig 911 looks strange mostly because of the headlights. I am working on swapping in fenders from a slantnose to solve that issue. Btw, the taillights on it are from a 944.

Great build on the OP.

Thanks, Ken! Good idea about "adjusting" the looks of the Koenig by using slantnose parts. I'd like to see that!

Have to disagree though on the taillights. They are Audi 200, not Porsche 944. See the images below...

5bac93aff3a94_Taillights.JPG.11de0b1860848e13d8af44ccfef14b5e.JPG

Great build of an iconic car. Looks ace!

I remember reading about Walter Koenig and his insane Testarossa as a teenager. My mind was blown. I've still got the magazine articles - they date back to 1986. Interestingly, the car in the magazine has quite a few detail differences to the Fujimi kit. I guess there must have been a few variations. I've got a couple of these Fujimi kits in my stash (the Spyder and the  Coupe). I'm inspired to crack on with them now.

26 minutes ago, beeRS said:

Great build of an iconic car. Looks ace!

I remember reading about Walter Koenig and his insane Testarossa as a teenager. My mind was blown. I've still got the magazine articles - they date back to 1986. Interestingly, the car in the magazine has quite a few detail differences to the Fujimi kit. I guess there must have been a few variations. I've got a couple of these Fujimi kits in my stash (the Spyder and the  Coupe). I'm inspired to crack on with them now.

Thanks for your feedback, Sonny. There have been several variations throughout the years. It all started with the 800hp Koenig Competition version - the one I built. The name Competition btw is referring to the fact that Koenig took part in an actual car tuner's competition with that car (and of course won!). That version was soon to be followed by the 1000hp Koenig Competition Evolution. That looked a bit less edgy with smoother body parts in the front. But there have been other changes in the course of the years, not least due to the fact that the basic car changed. The first Competition was based on the "classic" Testarossa, whereas later models were based on the 512TR and F512M.

All Fujimi 1/24 scale kits are based on the very first Competition series. Having said that, there is also a 1/16 scale kit by Fujimi of the "regular" Koenig Testarossa (non-Competition), this one: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/129260-fujimi-rc-105-koenig-testarossa

I'd like to see you get working on one of these!

Edited by Tommy124

13 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Thanks, Ken! Good idea about "adjusting" the looks of the Koenig by using slantnose parts. I'd like to see that!

Have to disagree though on the taillights. They are Audi 200, not Porsche 944. See the images below...

5bac93aff3a94_Taillights.JPG.11de0b1860848e13d8af44ccfef14b5e.JPG

I stand corrected then, thank you for the clarification Tommy.