Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg Dodge A100 pickup

I started A100 last spring with my eager helper who finds all fallen parts and they can be found in her mouth if you are fast.

_medium.jpg

This is an interesting kit because it is very simple but the body is quite good.

Body is missing some details and they has been mostly corrected.

_medium.jpg

Painted body. Colors are Turf Green and Dodge Truck White.

_medium.jpg

Engine, brake and gas pedal are installed. Bed flooring is 0,6 mm lacquered birch veneer.

_medium.jpg

Interior parts: dual gate console shifter, widened doghouse with opening cover for 426 Wedge, better tach and stolen police shot gun.

_medium.jpg

Chassis: steering and brake linkages , better Chrysler 8 3/4" rear end,  front and rear shocks, front disks and brake booster.

_medium.jpg

Front shocks were tight to install because inner fenders should be more inwards.

_medium.jpg

Polished body and parts.

_medium.jpg

Next brake and fuel lines and coolant hoses.

Hoses and most interior parts are installed.

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

Next job is dashboard. The dashboard will be glued to the hinge retainers and the body. Actually A100 does not have any hinge retainers at all. They could be tossed away but the hinges should be re-made. I'm not going to do it this time because it is too time consuming.

• 3 weeks later...

Kit's tail lights are way too big and not embedded as they should. I found smaller tail lights in L-700 box trailer. A100 tail lights holes have be drilled bigger but not nice job to painted body. Drilling broke the paint and it had to be painted again.

_medium.jpg

Re-painting done and tail light inserted.

_medium.jpg

• 2 weeks later...