Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Model & The Ex-Monogram/Revell/Aurora/Renwal Molds

8 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Considering it was only a few months ago that people were predicting the end of the model industry, this is a welcome change. 

And the 904 is one I could see Revell hanging on to.

Who ever has it I would like to see it come back...

30 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Who's gonna have access to the info???  understand Atlantis is to show a list at a hobby show.....

I'm sure someone will post it on their 'site or facebook page, be it Atlantis, CultTVMan, or another person/company.

The GotRB and Lil Red Baron might be the only two automotive related announcements for  Q1 and Q2.

11 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm sure someone will post it on their 'site or facebook page, be it Atlantis, CultTVMan, or another person/company.

The GotRB and Lil Red Baron might be the only two automotive related announcements for  Q1 and Q2.

let's hope not ?

7 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

let's hope not ?

Honestly, how many total kits is Atlantis able to produce and market in six months? They already have at least one airplane kit they talked about producing, and they have other genres to cover, too-- space, figures, fantasy, etc.-- so one auto related kit (and the GotRB is rather loosely auto related IMHO) per quarter seems about right to me. I'd be with that, and it sure beats zero.

Is anyone from the Denver area going to the Rocky Mountain Hobby Expo? It runs through the 28th, but Thursday and Friday are trade-only; so even if there was an announcement today we may not find out until some of our intrepid members get there Saturday.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

6 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Football, or baseball? :D

Both, since neither team plays in New York anymore and had abysmally bad seasons. I hear Big Blue is interested in resigning Joe Pisarchik.

image.jpeg.b85f5e13bafe93e669c3fb58bf944439.jpeg

I was at the game. Years later, my sister was working at a securities firm and she mentioned that a guy named Joe Pisarchik works there. She said that he was a former football player. I told her to tell him I said, "Thanks a lot."  The next day, she hands me a large envelope. Inside was a photo of the fumble, signed by Joe. He wrote, "To Joe. S**t happens." :D

4 hours ago, Dave Van said:

The only official announcements were Phantom of the Opera figure and Ghost of Red Baron. More news coming but I think (no inside info) licensing is the hold up.....been there done that.....not fun.

Probably why two Tom Daniel-designed kits have been announced for reissue. I'd say that bodes well for T.D. kit fans. :)

5 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

TD seems like a decent guy....easy to work with......he knows his fans! 

Definitely.

I can think of a few additional T.D.-designed caricature vehicles which haven't seen the light of day in many years, would require no manufacturer's licensing, and would be warmly  welcomed by his fans: Leap Hog 3-wheeler, Roar'n Peace, all of the construction equipment kits, Flap Jack, Honest Engine, etc., etc. Granted this is all IF they exist and IF the molds are in good condition, but if even a few are good to go, that could take Atlantis through 2019 easily.

roar_n_peace

b21e6cf0279205ea694d6c38a0965fbc.jpg

4a7c1634dde59b8622cb5906415aff51.jpg

mountain_mover

07ddda5697768ea9c7e468659884d7cb--model-

92c9a3c8a7fd7a0c32c7a4196d9c0672.jpg

unreal_roller_top

Edited by Casey