Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Model & The Ex-Monogram/Revell/Aurora/Renwal Molds

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 10:03 PM, Daddyfink said:

Looks like the collector market is about to take a hit! 

Image result for Convair Space Shuttlecraft

The Corvair Shuttle should  be my collection soon. I hope. Another I'm looking forward too. I love those old kits that speculated on future space travel. As I've mentioned this before, I was sure as a kid, that I was going to be an astronaut. And had many great dreams of flying these type of vehicles. 

17 minutes ago, GaryR said:

Interesting space stuff, but what about car models.

I am not interested in Daniels stuff at all.

What else did they get?

I understand some do not like the Tom Daniel showrods.....but Tom is willing to work with Atlantis at a fair exchange. IF they have some fords or GM molds it will take a expensive license to run them. Right now Atlantis is trying to get some products out without big license fees. 

13 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I understand some do not like the Tom Daniel showrods.....but Tom is willing to work with Atlantis at a fair exchange. IF they have some fords or GM molds it will take a expensive license to run them. Right now Atlantis is trying to get some products out without big license fees. 

I hope to see the Tom Daniel showrods again...

I don't recall ever seeing the R-M branded engine parts packs in stores - probably was during my "modeling hiatus".  Anyone know if these were still molded in America?  If so, let's hope Atlantis got the tooling (can't see the Germans being too interested in these...)

19 minutes ago, Eshaver said:

Aurora had cars like the James Bond Aston martin DB-5 , Studebaker Avanti, might be interesting to have them again . I know they were difficult to work with , but we have better adhesives as opposed to 1965 too

I need a James Bond Aston Martin DB5, to go with my recent Polar Lights James Bond 007 figure kit. I know they're not in the same scale. But, that's not the point to me.

From what I've heard, the Revell parts packs weren't hot sellers even at the time. Re-issues of the engines are still pretty easy to find, and even the harder-to-locate parts packs don't tend to sell for much more than they would new, at today's prices...still, I'd love to see 'em anyway!

11 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

I don't recall ever seeing the R-M branded engine parts packs in stores - probably was during my "modeling hiatus".  Anyone know if these were still molded in America?  If so, let's hope Atlantis got the tooling (can't see the Germans being too interested in these...)

According to Spotlight Hobbies and Mr. Internet in general, the R-M engine Parts Packs were re-issued in 1998.  The copyright notice on the box also says "1998," and lists the addresses for both Revell USA (Morton Grove IL) and Revell-Germany.  No mention of where they were molded.

As I remember, the re-issued engines didn't sell any better than the originals. I still have a couple from a Los Angeles hobby shop with red "Discount" tags on them. 

For anyone who might need to know, here are the Revell part numbers for the re-issued engines:

85-7251: Chevy 283

85-7252: Cadillac "354"

85-7253: Pontiac 421

85-7254: Ford 427