Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMW 2002 tii `71

Janne Herajärvi

Hello everyone!

Here is my latest finished model. Its Hasegawa BMW 2002 tii. I had bad luck with painting it, and after 2 times of stripping the paint, i started to make some patina look, and leave my show room clean and shiny plans for some other project. I used lot of detailing parts from differend aftermarket shops like Scaleproduction and High light model studio. I also made some scrach building like inner door panel for driver side has only "skeleton" left with handles. Tiger seats are hand painted with Tamiya colors. Roof rack is from Gunze Sagnyos Karmann Ghia, and i made those wooden parts from balsa wood sheet.. Model is weathered with Tamiya weathering sets, Vallejo color washes and some oil colors. besides white painted front fender, all dirty and rusty white areas are actually weathered and matt clear coated white plastic. Yellow tint in rear side window is made from Evergreen sheet. Some decals are prited by myself and rest are from decal sheets i have here and there.. Finnish licence plates are printed on photo paper with my printer. Now less talk since my english is not that good, and more photos of this BMW with thousand and one stories.. B)

oh and feel free for comments and questions what you might have about this build. ;)

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg