Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Cadillac Escalade

Casey

18 minutes ago, Jordan White said:

Oh boy, unless they decided to suddenly make the Escalade ESV, then that is quite the box art blunder!

Yeah, noticed that...new Revell, old Revell...  Box art goofs are nothing new to them. 

Edited by Rob Hall

• 2 weeks later...

Joke's on me...I found the older Revell Escalade cheap at a swap meet, and thought I would convert it to an Escalade hearse, as shown below.  I plunged right in, creating the vinyl roof and its "halo" chrome bar, and generally wasting a lot of time...

...because something eventually occurred to me that people smarter than me (which is just about everybody) would have figured out before they started work:  this standard wheelbase Escalade won't ever work as a hearse.  Well, maybe a hearse for a Mafia funeral, where the Dearly Departed was blown up by a car bomb and would fit in a very short coffin.

But now I'm thinking I could use TWO Escalade kits, stretch the wheelbase to the ESV length, and...no.  Just no. Not even I am that insane...

07esclade-deaner.jpg

On 10/2/2018 at 7:32 AM, Mike999 said:

Joke's on me...I found the older Revell Escalade cheap at a swap meet, and thought I would convert it to an Escalade hearse, as shown below.  I plunged right in, creating the vinyl roof and its "halo" chrome bar, and generally wasting a lot of time...

...because something eventually occurred to me that people smarter than me (which is just about everybody) would have figured out before they started work:  this standard wheelbase Escalade won't ever work as a hearse.  Well, maybe a hearse for a Mafia funeral, where the Dearly Departed was blown up by a car bomb and would fit in a very short coffin.

But now I'm thinking I could use TWO Escalade kits, stretch the wheelbase to the ESV length, and...no.  Just no. Not even I am that insane...

07esclade-deaner.jpg

The EXT kit is already the right length, you'd just have to convert the rear.

• 2 weeks later...