Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1970 Ford 4x4 is done

Good looking truck!  Like the color and the striped driveshafts, too!  You windshield didn't fit well because the cab roof is bent.  The plastic was still warm and the cab was placed inside a box that was too small for all the part sprues.  I have the same issue with mine and I went as far as emailing Moebius about the cabs in my two kits.  They sent me one cab and said that the other looks ok and it was "workable".  If I wanted a second cab, I would have to buy it.  I wasn't about to fight with them, so I accepted the free cab and will try working with the other cab.  IMHO, both cabs were bent and twisted, one more than the other and they should be replaced to help promote good relations with a customer and to have good product out in the marketplace.  They said they haven't seen much of this happening with their kits and I said it happens more often than not because of the tight boxes and the warm plastic.  At any rate, your truck looks good and thanks for letting me vent a little.

Edited by mrmike

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 11:00 AM, cobraman said:

Thank you guys. No Jim the window mounts in through the interior. I kind of think the roof of the cab has a bow in it that hinders the window fit. Not sure. But other than that the kit goes together about as good any kit i built in my 50 plus years of building.

Mine slid right in, but that was from the outside. 

Great color. Nice build. The drive shafts are a nice touch.  I had same windshield roof cab issue with the Moebius ‘72 kit.  It was built before I started reading these forums. I thought I had just got a bad kit.  I did notice the box was stuffed full barely held all the sprues. Sucks to have such an avoidable problem. ?? Love all these Fords I’m seeing on here lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...