Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rims and Tires

Hello

Has Pegasus come out with more rim designs that have a smaller front rim and larger back rim? Also I noticed you can "widen" the back rim with a sleeve and add a wider tire? Any info, part numbers would be greatly appreciated.

I have looked at their products, but is there more selection to offer?  Thanks!!

Edited by Lorne

I like the Big T's but was hoping there was a larger selection. I would assume they make the sleeve for both sizes?

Daggers, diablo's are great if they came in two different sizes and they do have 23" sleeves available

I seen/heard some die casts have a great selections of custom rims

Edited by Lorne

I picked up a couple of sets of wheels at the Hartland Model Swap & Show in June. They're from a company called Orange Wheels by Asuka Models. The packaging shows a web site asukamodel.com. These are rims only and are extremely detailed. The ones I got are a five spoke design with the option of three different outer wheel depths. The centers have holes for lug nuts and a separate wheel hub is provided with the lug nuts to go thru the wheel center. There is separate dust caps to cover the center of the wheel hub if desired. They are 1/24th scale and look amazing.  

4 hours ago, espo said:

I picked up a couple of sets of wheels at the Hartland Model Swap & Show in June. They're from a company called Orange Wheels by Asuka Models. The packaging shows a web site asukamodel.com. These are rims only and are extremely detailed. The ones I got are a five spoke design with the option of three different outer wheel depths. The centers have holes for lug nuts and a separate wheel hub is provided with the lug nuts to go thru the wheel center. There is separate dust caps to cover the center of the wheel hub if desired. They are 1/24th scale and look amazing.  

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://asukamodel.com/&prev=search

http://tasca-shop.ocnk.net/product-list/22

"Orange Wheels"...looks to be nice product.

Edited by gman

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, gman said:

I looked around their web site today but couldn't find the wheels I purchased. The packaging has very little in English so that part was difficult. The only identifying information I could see was that the wheels "SA-style" and had a part #OW-4 and the chrome wheels were part #OW-7. The wheels that I could find looked as if they were packaged with the parts for two wheels and a steering wheel. They showed three different style of wheels but they were different than the ones I bought. The wheels I got look just like the five spoke Americans. Besides the high quality detail on the wheels they also have three different sized outer wheel half's so that you some options depending on the tire width you may be using.