Model Cars Magazine Forum

370 images from a "Real World" Car Show....the annual IDIDIT show in Tecumseh, Michigan....

For many years I have been wanting to attend the annual IDIDIT car show in Tecumseh, Michigan. I finally was able to do so this year.

Tecumseh is a small Midwestern town in SE Michigan, just across the Michigan/Ohio state line. IDIDIT, famous for their newly manufactured steering columns for street rods, hot rods, street machines, and customs, hosts the even at their showroom and factory on the SE side of downtown Tecumseh.

Along the way there I pulled out onto M-50 behind the awesome, eye-catching customized Ford Transit Connect "Tourneo" of Greg and Debbie Tufford, and enjoyed chatting with them as we parked. As we walked around the corner of offsite spectator parking, the extent of the event quickly revealed itself. It was HUGE!

DSC 0770

The announcer/DJ was welcoming car clubs from as far away as Battle Creek, Michigan, and Findlay, Ohio. It quickly became obvious this was no local show. As you'll see from the approximately 370 photos below, there was a little bit of everything car-centered at the event.

IDIDIT welcomed attendees to come inside their recently built 1950's style showroom as well as their impressively large and well equipped factory next door. Several food trucks feed the hungry, weather was decent, and a fun time seemed to be underway for all.

I was surprised at the exceedingly wide range of cars and trucks on display there. This was far more than the relatively local hot rod show I was expecting.

I wrapped up with a stop at J-Bar Hobbies, a locally owned downtown Tecumseh double store-front that dates back many decades.

Coverage of hot rods, muscle cars, pickups, antiques, and much more starts at this link

A quick reminder to use the "Roll View" feature at the above link to rapidly scroll through the pictures in full size frame view, and view my occasional color commentary as well.

Enjoy.....TIM

2 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Wow X 3!!  Sensory overload.  Thanks for sharing Tim.

Seeing the SVT Fords, didn't Bob Johnson of Monogram fame have a white SVT turbo Mustang?

Hey Gary...…

Bob had an SVT Focus I believe.....in fact he may still have it, I just can't recall for sure. 

If he had an SVT Mustang I don't recall him saying so.  Wouldn't put it past him, though, he as you and I both know he was, and still is a very big fast Ford car fanatic.    TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

Thanks for posting these Tim. Some excellent vehicles. Looks like a good time and a nice event to see.

Regarding your quote from pic DSC 0817:

Yep....those are "3-D" flames. Don't ask me how they did it...

I have an idea on how these may have been done. You would lay out the flame pattern masking the outer portion. Paint the flames white. Mask around the top edge with 1/8th" striping tape and another about 1/8th" in from that (the width between them does vary though). You would need to cut the tape to a point when you mask the curved inner parts. You would then paint the yellow. Next fog in the orange, red and blue. Remove the striping tape. It looks like the white is a bit toned down so you could mix the colors (the yellow, orange, red and blue) with clear and lightly go over the white lines.

I can see this in my mind, don't know if I explained it well enough. It is a nice effect.

Gonna post a pic of my favorite paint job. The shadows are amazing. It's called the Snow Monster and the build can be found at the link.

http://www.bosscatlegacy.com/miscproto/snowmonster/snowmonster.htm

cool flames1.jpg

snow monster1.jpg

Edited by DPNM