Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wondercutter

Warren D

12 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

But, can it core a apple?

400 bucks is a lot of dough, man.

If Micro-Mark(up) is getting $400, you can probably find the same unit elsewhere for around half that.  That's what I found with the vacuum forming machine (it's a dental lab unit) and the spray booth...

at harbor freight for another 150.00 can get a lathe, now I am not knocking the tool itself, I have seen one on instagram, would love to actually own one. I think in my own opinion of course is I do not see what makes it $400.00. its like a dremel with a blade.  Probably will come down by half in the next year and a half.

The Burgess Vibro Tool is basically and engraving tool with a chuck; the chuck will hold round shanks and has slots to accommodate Xacto blades (or photo-etch saw blades).

Mine has two speeds, and an adjustment for stroke-length. It works very well when cutting thick leather.

21 hours ago, DPNM said:

As mentioned,  $400 seems a bit much. Watching the video didn't really show anything that would make me want to go out and spend that much for one.

That's why I posted an alternative. Yes, it's an oldie but it's also a goodie (if you find one in decent shape).