Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wip ARCA 2018 Ford

MarkJ

12 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

Mark, looking forward to another cool NASCAR wip from you.

Check Ollie's. I was there today and picked up some Chase kits for $9.99. They also had some snappers too.

Thanks, David. Sadly there are no Ollies where I live.

30 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Snappers are a lot easier. But I still use glue to assemble them. Also you have to do some mods to the body to get them to look right.

Thought I remember seeing somewhere that the Snappers are based on the '13-14 cars and the glues are based on the '16-17 cars. Just some slight differences to the grills mostly.and some of the chassis bracing on the interiors.

7 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

Thought I remember seeing somewhere that the Snappers are based on the '13-14 cars and the glues are based on the '16-17 cars. Just some slight differences to the grills mostly.and some of the chassis bracing on the interiors.

Whats cool about the arca fords is that the car run in 2018 has 2013 nascar grille, headlights, and taillights.

Somebody asked me once how I lowered these kits. What I do is drill new holes in the frame 1/8 inch higher than the original holes and remove the front of the engine. Cut 1/8 inch off the metal axles.  In  the back you cut 1/8 inch off the posts that represent the rear springs. That's all you have to do. It lowers the car and sucks the tires in under the fenders.

2018doswipsdrhoch1.jpg

2018doswipsdrhoch2.jpg

2018doswipsdrhoch4.jpg

2018doswipsdrhoch3.jpg

Got the chassis and tires finished. Just need to paint the center hubs after the car is complete. Also, I have learned not to install the shark fin until the decaling is finished. I usually knock it off the car if I do it before. The tires wont be that shiny when the car is complete. I just finished applying the dull coat with a brush and they have not dried yet.

2018shedonwiptifide1.jpg

Edited by MarkJ