Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy and Dukes of Hazard

ewetwo

1957 Chevy Hardtop. I painted it and I'm now stumped as to what colors the interior should be. I'm thinking white with silver. The Dukes of Hazard Charger is almost ready to come out of the purple power. Not sure if I'm going to stick with the car's theme or go elsewhere with it. And a 1960 Corvette. It's black so I think I'm going to leave it at that.  Besides the Edsel I posted the other day. 

image11.jpeg

image10.jpeg

image13.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

The '57 Bel Air interior could have several options for color. The Red that bamadon mentioned would offer a great contrast. I might consider a Silver interior, with the Black cloth inserts on the seats and door panels with the black dash board would also look nice. Another thought would be to check oldcarbrochures.com. There you can view sales brochures on the '57 Chevrolet and that might even offer some other ideas as long as you're staying with a stock look. If you are thinking Custom Interior than you can do what ever you like. Silver is like White in that it tends to go with almost any color.    

I went with off white and am going to try silver inserts. Though my attempts at trying to do two tone seats have always flopped. Can't figure out how to stop the paint from bleeding into the other color. I've tried taping. Maybe there liquid mask I've read here in the forum? That's why most of my interiors end up plain. When all else fails. Out comes the black paint. LOL. But I though putting an off white top would pull it together. 

Try using a sharp tooth pic when pressing the masking tape into the seems.... Then spray multiple light coats of paint on to the inlays.... 20 minutes between coats should be enough... I'm going to try that on the Revell 1/12 scale Belair seats when I get chance...

Good luck!.....

• 4 weeks later...

The 57 Chevy now has a white top as I dropped the body. While trying to chrome the dash and big blob of chrome from the pen blasted the instrument panel. Wiped as much as I could get off and resprayed it white. I don't know why that happens. 

The Charger was sent back to the purple parlor for another stripping. I sprayed it today. There was a hair. Made a smudge trying to get the hair out. I'll let it dry. Try sanding it and see what happens. Or that will be back to the purple parlor. At this rate the Charger will eventually dissolve in the purple bath. LOL

Edited by ewetwo

OK. I sanded the spot on the Charger as the paint felt dry. Sprayed it again with a light coat. The sanded spot looks great! But other parts of the body started to crinkle. Looks like I didn't wait long enough for the 2nd coat. Looks like it Purple Parlor time again. Trial and error.<_< But the white top on the 57 told good. Just what it needed. So it was meant to be when I dropped it. 

Edited by ewetwo

On 15/10/2018 at 5:50 PM, ewetwo said:

The 57 Chevy now has a white top as I dropped the body. While trying to chrome the dash and big blob of chrome from the pen blasted the instrument panel. Wiped as much as I could get off and resprayed it white. I don't know why that happens. 

The Charger was sent back to the purple parlor for another stripping. I sprayed it today. There was a hair. Made a smudge trying to get the hair out. I'll let it dry. Try sanding it and see what happens. Or that will be back to the purple parlor. At this rate the Charger will eventually dissolve in the purple bath. LOL

I use the Molotow paint for some small dash details, and little emblems on door panels and such. Note that I said paint, and not pen. I use a fine brush instead of the pen. It gives a lot more control, and a better finish. Also try using a clear that is compatible with Molotow to protect the finish. Testors acrylic clear works good.