Model Cars Magazine Forum

"OLD. BUT RUNS!" - Scania LB 141 Tractor

It’s been mix feelings with this Heller kit. But seeing that it was a very old kit and compromises were taken into account, I now learn my way around such discrepancies in this kit. All-in-all, it was an ‘OK’ build, despite my frustrations. Barlas Pehlivan, was also kind to help answer some of my annoying questions, concerning this kit. So kudos to him.
My apologies for the pics. I will take better ones later. It was very windy outside today and I could not get the right photos I wanted. Oh well, you can’t win every time. ? Hope you enjoy the photos regardless.

I also added some wip photos o the interior, as it was difficult to get good shots of the interior after the roof and doors were install.

scania_141LB7-vi.jpg

2v2JrYUJ8xAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUEMxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUUNxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUv5xAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYU3yxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUozxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvzMxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvM8xAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvrNxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvN5xAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYv5yxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvydxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvdzxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvFMxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUEMxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUujxAWPEi.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim B said:

Looks awesome, Charles.  Fantastic weathering job.  What do the numbers (90, 80, 60) on the rear of the cab signify?  I've seen these on European trucks, and I've always wondered.

Thank you. Those numbers represent speed limits throughout the various European countries. 

Absolutely fantastic, brilliant, really inspirational work, the attention to detail is second to none, a real show winner!!!

Makes you just want to get in and drive it, but maybe not on the road though eh? still it reminds me of one we had where I worked for a while back in the 80s, that one was still just about road worthy. Anyway just brilliant!!!

11 hours ago, CRUSADER2 said:

Absolutely fantastic, brilliant, really inspirational work, the attention to detail is second to none, a real show winner!!!

Makes you just want to get in and drive it, but maybe not on the road though eh? still it reminds me of one we had where I worked for a while back in the 80s, that one was still just about road worthy. Anyway just brilliant!!!

Aahhhh! Thank you for the glimpse down memory lane.