Model Cars Magazine Forum

11 minutes of realistic model trains, and a little time with the builder

Ace-Garageguy

16 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

The only thing these layouts are missing is the accurate steam from the engines. But I have no idea how one could recreate that.

There are guys getting pretty good results with some of the vaping chemicals, but the way the plume disperses in air is still a problem in the smaller scales. It's getting decent in G scale though...

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

9 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

There are guys getting pretty good results with some of the vaping chemicals, but the way the plume disperses in air is still a problem in the smaller scales. It's getting decent in G scale though...

Wow. I don't think you could get much closer than that! Vaping tech makes sense. Heck, one could probably "flavour" it with something that smells like a steam engine.

The level of detail that the railroaders go too is unimaginable. As a child I had an American Flyer brand toy train. As nice as it was it was a toy compared to what we see here. I remember some sort of liquid I think that you could put down the stack and it would smoke a little.  Besides the time and effort seen here he would have to have a fortune in this layout.