Model Cars Magazine Forum

Der Autobahn unfall

Dann Tier

Hey everyone!, after a failed 2nd attempt at a Tamiya Ferrari F40, I decided to turn it into the accident aftermath on the famed Autobahn. It all went bad when I was accelerating to the end of the build....the body got stuck 3/4 of a mile down on the chassis.....I tried to separate the two, but it was no good.....thoughts were Zipping by me at high speeds!!….WHAT  TO DO???!!!……..Then, as the finish line was in sight, my hand slipped!!…...CHIPS OF PAINT WENT FLYING!!!...…..THEN IT HIT THE WALL IN A SHOWER OF PLASTIC, AND BITS!!!......It was over, and I had lost.

-This tragedy did eventually have a happy ending, I purchased a Fujimi kit instead, and actually liked it waaaay better than the Tamiya versions.

DSCF6297.JPG

1 hour ago, Nacho Z said:

I have come so, so, soooo close to this but have never done it.  I know I would be even madder after I did it.  On the other hand, I have lost it and destroyed other, more expensive items in the past...lol.

It does actually feel good.....relief!!

Hi Dann, sorry about this tragic „incident“. As an everyday Autobahn driver, I confirm that your scenario is pretty realistic. :D

It’s not the first time I hear that the Fujimi F40 is supposed to be better than the Tamiya one. Downside is it does not come with an open bonnet, right? But then again, you got the skills and tools to change that!

17 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Hi Dann, sorry about this tragic „incident“. As an everyday Autobahn driver, I confirm that your scenario is pretty realistic. :D

It’s not the first time I hear that the Fujimi F40 is supposed to be better than the Tamiya one. Downside is it does not come with an open bonnet, right? But then again, you got the skills and tools to change that!

You're right, Tommy!, the rear cowl doesn't open, but its such a big window, that I can see ALL the detail I put into it. If it wasn't for the fact that i'm building my 288 GTO next, I most likely would have opened it.