Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sunset - the night is coming!

Faust

Since it’s the end of Summer as I write this, and the days are getting shorter, I thought it would be appropriate to put up a display of my “Sunset Stripe” cars. Unsurprisingly, most of them are MPCs, since that was right up their alley!

Check out this collection at the link below, and get your time machines ready!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/scores-and-collections/sunset-stripes-car-collection/

sunset-stripe-collection-008.jpg?w=300

It's funny, I did leave out Bear Bait and Gold rush - they weren't present when did the photo shoot because they're already built! I use their boxes for spares boxes and forgot all about them! 

That 78 Chevy Sportback is awesome!!! That's one kit we need reissued immediately. Mostly because it's not even real, I don't think. That package wasn't available on a Monza, so it's an awesome Automotive What-If. I think. I remember researching it a while ago and finding something wrong with it, like the Pacer X from '78, which also never existed. 

So much sunset... so little time. I hadn't seen a lot of these kits before - totally awesome!

I was also hoping they'd reissue California Sunshine at some point. I've seen one, but the decals were pooched, which is half the kit. 

P.S. What is with the side "pie chart" on that Monza??? WTF? 

1 hour ago, Daddyfink said:

I should start digging out my Sunset kits and building them as box art. 

You, me and a few others would no doubt love that kit back! Maybe Round 2 might hear our pleas and bring it back! 

Yes... Yes you should! 

Maybe, in the cold dark days of the winter, when light and warmth seem forever away, we should start a "sunset group build". Is that something you guys do here? 

As for Bear Bait, I had fun building it stock, but I would love another one to build full custom. C'mon Round 2, you can do it! 

13 hours ago, Faust said:

That 78 Chevy Sportback is awesome!!! That's one kit we need reissued immediately. Mostly because it's not even real, I don't think. That package wasn't available on a Monza, so it's an awesome Automotive What-If. I think. I remember researching it a while ago and finding something wrong with it, like the Pacer X from '78, which also never existed. 

This kit depicts the Monza S for '78:

1978.5_Monza_12.jpg

• 11 months later...