Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally finished up this beast. What I thought would be an easy build, it was nothing of the sort. Operator error of course. The model is very nice, but I figured out afterwards that perhaps painting would work better after body is assembled. The windows had to be filed down, the doors would not hang and the top, OMG, it took me literally 5 tries to get it to fit on correctly. Many things need to line up at the very end and superglue became my only answer as lots of tension were on the parts, so Tamiya cement would not suffice. 

Anyhow, the color is Testors Fiery Orange Lacquer with Rustoleum Gloss White. Wasn't the color I thought it would be, but I do like it. No gloss coat, just one spray of Meguires Finishing Wax. Put some felt in for carpet and tinted the windows with Tamiya Smoke spray. Did all BMF instead of the decals or chrome pen. Used the wrong glue for the headlights and they fogged up.

62vwsamba_box

62vwsamba1

62vwsamba2

62vwsamba3

62vwsamba4

Thanx for looking!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...