Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who is this resin seller? Any info?

The back window area on the Edsel station wagon doesn't look right: it should wrap around at the ends just as the Revell Ford wagon's does.  Jimmy Flintstone offers a two-door Edsel wagon body that looked better to me, he might have a four-door also.

On 9/23/2018 at 2:21 PM, Mark said:

The back window area on the Edsel station wagon doesn't look right: it should wrap around at the ends just as the Revell Ford wagon's does.  Jimmy Flintstone offers a two-door Edsel wagon body that looked better to me, he might have a four-door also.

IIRC, that kit depicts an Amblewagon ambulance with a modified opening for a rear door that opens to the side.

On 9/23/2018 at 3:21 PM, Mark said:

Mark, there is one small part in the pic of that Edsel wagon--a Federal Sirenlite!  What the guy has replicated is the uber-rare '58 Edsel Ambulwagon, which was a factory-built ambulance version--those did have an upper tailgate section that differed from the Bermuda.

Art

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, Casey said:

Frontier Resin. :D

I'd be careful of any resin casters who don't show the entire model.  Example: That 1958 Edsel Villager wagon looks good, but the back end is 100% completely phony - unless you want to build an Amblewagon.  Since he could have used any 57-58 Ford lift gate, you have to wonder why was he so lazy he couldn't do better than a quick slap-job on it?  Notice, also, he didn't bother adding the fender scripts, door handles, etc.  Easy to have added, but a PITA to go out and buy expensive kits just to get those parts!  I see way too much of this expensive cost-cutting with way too many resin models.  Another half-baked effort is the 52-53-54 Ford Country Squire body someone is selling.  It, too, is missing every single detail that wouldn't have taken a half hour to include, but now cost a fortune to obtain.  With Hobby Lobby one of the few retailers left, and charging $40 for a $15 kit, these greedy mistakes can cost the builder a ton.  And if you have to redesign something - like the back end of the Squire that was never finished properly to begin with - it can dampen one's enthusiasm pretty quickly.  

On 9/22/2018 at 8:56 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I've noticed several listings of very interesting subjects, like a Studebaker Hawk and pickup, an Edsel wagon, some truck cabs, etc. from 2007frontier on eBay. Anybody have any firsthand experience with him? How's the quality?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

About the '58 Hawk .. workable . The Grille is flat and squarish . It needs to be rounded like the '56/'60 MY's  . The Wheel Covers are correct . The Hood is missing the fake louvers on the Power Bulge . The Hash Marks on the Quarter Fins are missing . Wnt aray again here .. spell check too . Went Arwa wrong ! Hash this goes sideways much .. Hash Marks in Fins are missing . Fake luvore are missing on Hood Power Bulge .. Thanx .. 

Edited by dimaxion

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 3:27 PM, dimaxion said:

About the '58 Hawk .. workable . The Grille is flat and squarish . It needs to be rounded like the '56/'60 MY's  . The Wheel Covers are correct . The Hood is missing the fake louvers on the Power Bulge . The Hash Marks on the Quarter Fins are missing . Wnt aray again here .. spell check too . Went Arwa wrong ! Hash this goes sideways much .. Hash Marks in Fins are missing . Fake luvore are missing on Hood Power Bulge .. Thanx .. 

Very helpful. Thanks.