Model Cars Magazine Forum

OH Nooooo!!! It can't be, but.......

I guess I must be going blind as I've been working on my Linberg 67 Olds 442 for a couple of months now and got quite the surprise when I went to fit the rear bumper. As you can see in my pic that the left 1/4 panel did not fill all the way in the mold. I can't believe I never saw it after repeated body washing, priming and sanding and what I thought was going to be my best paint job yet. I've had this kit for a couple of years now and had pulled it out and looked it several times also before putting it on the back burner. I suppose I'll be awful proud of the passenger side in my display case.

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

Round 2 reissued this kit pretty recently, they might still have a few to pull a body from. It wouldn't hurt to send them an email to check.

I'll give it a shot but it is a little late now. Site states receipt required but a pic is worth a thousand words. Maybe a complete kit! :)

Now's your chance to try autobody! It's just plastic. Cut a filler from scrap plastic, glue, sand, fill.
Mask off everything but the rear quarter and back, and spray.
Yeah, it's a pain in the tuckkus, but that's model building.

“It's always something.” 
 Gilda Radner

4 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

Now's your chance to try autobody! It's just plastic. Cut a filler from scrap plastic, glue, sand, fill.
Mask off everything but the rear quarter and back, and spray.
Yeah, it's a pain in the tuckkus, but that's model building.

“It's always something.” 
 Gilda Radner

Agree. This is fixable. You shouldn't HAVE to, but then the world is full of stuff you shouldn't HAVE to do.