Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18th scale Fiat Dragster kit by ACME

Fifer

• 10 months later...
6 minutes ago, GaryR said:

WOW! Very nice!

Thanks so much Gary. It was a bear as I had no instructions and no pictures plus the kit had many other parts and all the parts for blown Hemi. So had to figure it all out by downloaded pictures from the net.

Thanks , Mike

1 minute ago, cobraman said:

Looks good !  I gave up on mine. No instructions and only a few crummy photos. I used a lot of the parts to build a Cobra gasser. I did finally build the Fiat with some parts I took off the Cobra.

I hear you. That was what I ran into and ACME does not respond to emails. I have a gross of leftover parts and will likely try to sell on EBAY.

Thanks , Mike

3 hours ago, Deuces said:

The one I have from acme is the fuel altered "pure hell" version..... Still haven't started on it yet... You should be able to get the decals from Slixx.... Make sure you specify it's for a 1/18 scale kit!!!!!....

I didn't want to clog up the paint job with decals.

Thanks , Mike

3 hours ago, GaryR said:

You really did it right!

I've been going to the drags sine 1964! Yep! I'm old!

You nailed it, it looks exactly right, I mean exactly!

Thanks Gary and this is how , I too , remember them.

Mike

20 minutes ago, echo said:

I have one of those from Summit, as yet unbuilt. Yours came out really period correct, nice job !

Thanks very much Echo. It was fun to get completed but not as easy a one would think. It was like taking a single kit and throwing in 3 or for other kits parts and then no instructions on what parts belonged to what kit. Here is a little more about it.

Thanks , Mike

Edited by Fifer

1 hour ago, larman said:

Very nice job! You nailed the look perfectly. Those Acme/GMP kits are nice, but not easy!!

The actual kit was fine but with all the extra engine and detail options and no instructions , it was a challenge.

Thanks , Mike