Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Pontiac Catalina

smellyfatdude

The build thread is here:

Finally 100% done with this, and now it's ready to go in to the brand new display case I've had kicking around here all year. The one that's been waiting to have something in it. First build of 2018, this is. Can't say I'm a fan of these newer Moebius kits, but then I got spoiled doing the Hudson Hornets and Chrysler 300's. Still, I did the best I could with it. It was kind of a write off, weather wise for painting outdoors, this year. But if I bought only one model, and build only one model this year, I guess I've still broke even for the year, he. If you look close, you'll notice there's no Pontiac script on the grill. This is actually the grill/bumper from the ' 61 Ventura kit, and I couldn't begin to tell you why the script is missing. By the time I noticed, I had it all done, and since the paint job and the tires already make it look like a day two car . . . . well, we'll just say  this a repaint after some accident damage, with a slight goof on the part of the body shop. We can make up any kind of stories we want, to go with our little toy cars, right?

DSCF7355.JPG

DSCF7357.JPG

DSCF7359.JPG

DSCF7361.JPG

DSCF7369.JPG

DSCF7371.JPG

DSCF7377.JPG

DSCF7379.JPG

DSCF7383.JPG

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated. This kit was indeed a bit of a challenge, and I actually had to use voluminous amounts of adhesive (superglue and five minute epoxy) just to get that stupid grill to set in place. Even so, as it dried it managed to push itself out a little bit. All while I slept, of course. Oh well, it's done and that's what counts. Thanks to those who followed the wip thread, and yes, I really love that color on the car!