Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jail time for Mr.Cosby

NYLIBUD

5 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

He's 81,so he will most likely die in prison.Hmmmm.I Never imagined him.

I don't think so. He will not even be there the three years whether out awaiting appeal (let out by higher court) or his conviction overturned by a higher court because of some of what was done pretrial and during the trial.

May even see a compassionate release because of his health regardless of what the judge had to say.

One of the jury members stated that he was not found guilty by evidence but by what was in the media.

Edited by OldTrucker

1 minute ago, OldTrucker said:

I don't think so. He will not even be there the three years whether out awaiting appeal (let out by higher court) or his conviction overturned by a higher court because of some of what was done pretrial and during the trial.

One of the jury members stated that he was not found guilty by evidence but by what was in the media.

The media can be horrible devils who only care about getting the story,no matter what the consequences are,or wether the story is true.The media has destroyed so many lives as far back as the beginning.

11 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Also, it's interesting to me that the "presumption of innocence" when one is tried before a court USED to be one of the basic RIGHTS guaranteed to Americans, but now, a trial and conviction in the media is becoming the norm.

Totally agree, but unfortunately, I don't think this is a recent development. I think it's always been the case that when someone is accused of something, or arrested, and word gets out, the scuttlebutt starts immediately about that person. Everyone assumes guilt immediately. From things as simple as schoolyard antics back in elementary school to high profile cases. Society loves a juicy story, and loves to judge befroe getting all of the facts. 

22 hours ago, smhardesty said:

No, it's more like - The fact he is going to prison is proof positive that he was FOUND GUILTY BY A COURT OF LAW beyond a reasonable doubt,

Only Cosby and the women involved really know for sure. Understand, I'm not advocating for him or for the women. We just have to remember that lawyers on both sides can twist the facts to the point they are unrecognizable. It's too bad the real truth can't somehow be extracted in a court of law, but it's the best system we have so we live with it. And like others, it sure bothers me that some of these things happened 30 - 40 years ago and nothing was ever said until now.

The wording of that sentence was not as clear as it should have been, but there were too many complaints against Cosby.  If there was one or two, a case could be made that it was a he said / she said situation, but not when there were as many complaints as there was.

I have the unfortunate luck of being summoned for jury duty about every five years and have had to serve on a few.  The lawyers posture and try to twist the facts their client's way, but the truth usually comes out.  The juries I have been on, we took innocence until proven guilty very seriously.  Even to the point where in one case we knew the person was guilty, but that the prosecutors did not provide the evidence necessary to get the conviction. 

3 hours ago, Jim N said:

The wording of that sentence was not as clear as it should have been, but there were too many complaints against Cosby.  If there was one or two, a case could be made that it was a he said / she said situation, but not when there were as many complaints as there was.

I have the unfortunate luck of being summoned for jury duty about every five years and have had to serve on a few.  The lawyers posture and try to twist the facts their client's way, but the truth usually comes out.  The juries I have been on, we took innocence until proven guilty very seriously.  Even to the point where in one case we knew the person was guilty, but that the prosecutors did not provide the evidence necessary to get the conviction. 

Same here. I have served on several juries, and it is serious business. I was on a felony case a few years ago where the prosecutor swung for the fence charge-wise. The investigation was bungled and the witness' testimony was largely laughable. We wound up finding the defendants (2) not guilty. It was pretty obvious that the defendants expected to be found guilty and had looks of total surprise when the verdict was read.  

After the trial, the prosecutor cornered the jury in the hall and asked some questions of us. As it turned out, what he thought really happened is also what the jury thought happened, but he tried to prosecute it differently and wound up not being able to prove any of it. The prosecutor lives in a neighboring county, and he has been trying to get elected as a judge there on a tough law and order platform.

Yea,well the hardest court rooms to be in,are family courts.I was a CPS Investigator for several years.You want to see emotion that's off the scale,sit in court one day for about an hour.You'll leave feeling numb....Anyway,Cosby will probably be out in 2 years.Hes there under complete secured conditions.I seriously doubt that would put him in general population.

11 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yea,well the hardest court rooms to be in,are family courts.I was a CPS Investigator for several years.You want to see emotion that's off the scale,sit in court one day for about an hour.You'll leave feeling numb....Anyway,Cosby will probably be out in 2 years.Hes there under complete secured conditions.I seriously doubt that would put him in general population.

He will be in a individual unit in a place where they handle geriatric inmates with health issues according to the state.

My guess would be if not out on appeal the state will send him home under home confinement so that they will not have to pick up his medical care costs! See that happening all across the country as of late!

Edited by OldTrucker