Model Cars Magazine Forum

hobbylinc

It's a Tamiya 1/12 scale Jagermeister Porsche that's partly assembled, and includes a mirrored wooden display base.  Here's a link:

https://www.hobbylinc.com/tamiya-porsche-turbo-rsr-934-semi-assembled-plastic-model-car-kit-1:12-scale-23208

I sure wouldn't pay that, but somebody might. FYI, HobbyLinc has a "clearance sale" every Friday.  Get on their e-mail list and they'll send you a reminder every week. Sometimes they have some good deals, other weeks not.  This is one of the "not" weeks for me.

Edited by Mike999
omit1

I just made my first ever purchase there last week and I thought the price and shipping costs were quite low.  I bought couple of Dumas Products Chris-Craft wooden boat kits and their price was quite a bit lower than what the manufacturer charges on their website. Shipping cost was also refreshingly low.  I actually went with Hobbylinc because of the low prices.

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them, kits and supplies. Sometimes you have to watch closely because they'll have the same item listed 2 or 3 times with different prices. Seems that happens mostly with supply type stuff. I don't recall having run into that with the kits. The price of kits does change from time to time for what seems like no apparent reason. I keep a couple of lists going at all times. I can be ready to place an order on very short notice if need be. I like to try spreading the shipping charge across multiple items if I can.

14 hours ago, smhardesty said:

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them, kits and supplies. Sometimes you have to watch closely because they'll have the same item listed 2 or 3 times with different prices. Seems that happens mostly with supply type stuff. I don't recall having run into that with the kits. The price of kits does change from time to time for what seems like no apparent reason. I keep a couple of lists going at all times. I can be ready to place an order on very short notice if need be. I like to try spreading the shipping charge across multiple items if I can.

I've seen a couple of kits with a price difference.  IIRC, one was the Heller Ford farm tractor. The price diff wasn't much, a couple of bucks.  But it struck me as very weird. I think I ordered it using the lower-priced listing and that's what HobbyLinc charged me.  So no real problem.

That price of kits changing drives me crazy. Never figured that one out.  A kit might be deep-discounted today, then back to regular price tomorrow. 

I also keep lists going and compare prices.  Recently saw a 1/35 scale military item from one vendor at $24.99, which they claimed was 30% off MSRP.  Sprue Brothers and HobbyLinc both had the same item for $19.99.