Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Ford sedan

68shortfleet

Monogram kit 1/24 kit. Built from a car I had remembered from a 1998 Rod & Custom picture. Only added parts are the resin wheels(19/23) from Steve Zimmerman, and a wired distributor. Suspension lowering is all modified kit parts.

The last picture is of the original magazine picture. Image stolen from Koellefornia Kustoms website. Interestingly, he is a newer member of this site and was actually able to contact him about what issue if the magazine this was featured in. 

20180905_182445.jpg

20180905_182426.jpg

20180905_182506.jpg

20180929_141246.jpg

37-ford-original.jpg

I saw that magazine photo way back when (probably have it in the stash somewhere). That sedan made an impression on me also- a striking two-tone paint scheme for that body type. I have a second kit with building that vehicle in mind (did the very first issue of it in metallic grey many years ago), and have been pondering how to get an olive green metallic paint to spray the unbuilt kit I have. I was thinking a complimentary color of Createx pearl sprayed over a military flat green then buried in clear coat myself. The original vehicle's green may be metallic, may be solid- it is hard to say definitively from the photo, but it is a killer color combination for a '37 sedan either way.

Both builders on the forum here need a kudo for replicating the look of the inspiration car. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...